• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Degrees of Separation for Husker Fans

My sister went to high school in McCook with Jeff Kinney. Our parents used to hang out once in a while, or so I was told. I was only 8.

This is unrelated, but every time this name is mentioned my mind goes back to the look on dirty Steve's face in Young Guns.

When I was in hospital administration, we worked with a marketing firm in the DFW area. My contact there ... somehow we got to talking about college football and I discovered she was Tim Albin's mother-in-law. Tim was on staff at the time. My daughter's high school coach at Amarillo High was Kory Cooper, former AA and national champion volleyball player at Nebraska. Her brother lives a block from me. A good friend of mine, a doctor here, his daughter was a cheerleader at Nebraska. Paul Engler, major benefactor and former regent at UNL, lives here, and is also a major benefactor to my alma mater, West Texas A&M University. I used to work with his new wife. His most recent donation to WTA&M is $1 million per year, in perpetuity. :O O:

Amarillo and the Texas panhandle have a volume of Nebraska connections.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back