• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Defensive Coordinator

Leonhard is likely NFL bound since he is coaching the bowl game. NFL teams will be doing end of year firing around the end of bowl season.

Last edited:

Just curious how? There was no announcement of him coming here, but also no announcement of him going anywhere. So why does that exclude NU??? Honest question.

Maybe no announcement means his agent(s) are still in negotiations for a new contract somewhere other than Wiscy, not necessarily UNL.

Just curious how? There was no announcement of him coming here, but also no announcement of him going anywhere. So why does that exclude NU??? Honest question.
I guess maybe it doesn’t. My thoughts were that if he were coming to Nebraska we would have heard something about it. But as long as the DC position is open and he is not linked to some other job, I guess it’s possible. How do you feel about the idea of our DC not joining the staff until after Wisconsin’s bowl game?

Last edited:
I guess maybe it doesn’t. My thoughts were that if he were coming to Nebraska we would have heard something about it. But as long as the DC position is available and he is not linked to some other job, I guess it’s possible. How do you feel about the idea of our DC not joining the staff until after Wisconsin’s bowl game?
Definitely not excited. And if it is Siravo, I am guessing it will be even a bit later??

Leonhard is likely NFL bound since he is coaching the bowl game. NFL teams will be doing end of year firing around the end of bowl season.

He will most likely end up in Green Bay after the Packers finally fire Joe Barry….

I guess maybe it doesn’t. My thoughts were that if he were coming to Nebraska we would have heard something about it. But as long as the DC position is available and he is not linked to some other job, I guess it’s possible. How do you feel about the idea of our DC not joining the staff until after Wisconsin’s bowl game?
Not very good. But in a five year big picture,......

That may be the hold up with someone else, somewhere else

Because he's coaching them through the bowl game. If he was going to Nebraska or some other college job he would be gone from Wisky and heading to his new job. I would love for it to be him but I can't imagine Rhule hiring him and then saying, yeah go ahead and coach the bowl game. He's not Bill Moos.

It’s still good news that he is leaving Wiscy.
I’m no expert, but I am literally sitting here in my Holiday Inn Express room in Eugene, so I will go ahead and say that it is very unlikely Leonhard would be coming to Nebraska. He’s a Wisconsin guy through and through, plus too many of the DC’s underlings have been hired to think that ’the guy’ hasn’t had some input. I highly doubt Coach Rhule would saddle his DC with a staff NOT of his choosing/approval.

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree that Wisconsin’s loss is our gain nonetheless…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back