• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dedoch Chan (has left the Husker's Program)

Looks like he'd be coming in as a sophomore (3 to play 4?). Hudl film was him in the middle against guys his height or under, but he looked good. Also looks like he has some handle skills and takes scorer shots (off the glass, 10' pull up jumper, etc)

Doesn't look like someone to just fill the scholarship.

6-8; 215 lbs

High School: As a senior, averaged 16.8 points 7.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals … As a junior, averaged 22 points and 8 rebounds and was named to All-Big Nine First Team … Played for Coach Kirk Thompson.

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/chan_dedoch_xxxx

Some JUCO Game Stats

http://www.mgcccbulldogs.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/bios/chan_dedoch_xxxx?view=gamelog&pos=sh

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/div1/teams/mississippigulfcoastcommunitycollege?view=lineup

Last edited:

tenor.gif

Nice (free) article about him (including that he played with 5* Matthew Hurt)--

Last edited:
The way he moves with the ball and squares up to the basket reminds me a lot of Jordy. :Biggrin:

Seriously, welcome to Lincoln Dedoch.

Last edited:
Looks like he'd be coming in as a sophomore (3 to play 4?). Hudl film was him in the middle against guys his height or under, but he looked good. Also looks like he has some handle skills and takes scorer shots (off the glass, 10' pull up jumper, etc)

Doesn't look like someone to just fill the scholarship.
If this guy only has 3 years to play 4, he’d better get crackin’ :Biggrin:

I value your opinion on the round ball for sure. When I saw you say you "want him." I know b4 I look at his highlights I'm excited.

Thanks...now I am jinxed though and he won’t produce! :)

So this kid played high school ball with the Hurt brothers in Minnesota. Matthew Hurt is one of the top recruits in the nation, probably Kansas bound. Needless to say, he was not the premier player on his H.S. team and went the JUCO route. He stuck up some really good numbers in JUCO and was probably the center-point in the opposing teams’ game plans. Really, Nebraska is far and away his best offer. Had he stayed in JUCO another year, he would have seen better programs come calling I’d wager. Kid seems to carry himself well.

He’s pretty skilled offensively and an effective rebounder. He’s not near as explosive and athletic as say Roby or Copeland, but I think he fits the system Miles is trending towards. That is, posts that can handle the ball and shoot a bit. I wouldn’t expect a ton from him this year, but it’s a pretty good get this late in the game. He’s going to have to work on defense, but if he does that, he might fill out the rotation. Along with Tanner, I think he will provide depth when Roby or Copeland get in foul trouble.

Now, save that last scholarship for a mid-year transfer or if we catch momentum this season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back