• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deadpool 3

In X-Men (2000), Wolverine says of the team's suits, "You actually go outside in these things?" to which Cyclops responds, "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" The live-action Wolverine would not appear in his signature yellow costume until this movie, 24 years after the release of the first X-Men movie. Director Shawn Levy said, "Like the rest of the world, I've waited two decades to see Wolverine in a whole movie with Deadpool, and I don't know if this is our last shot at Wolverine on screen, so I was going to make godddam sure we get the old yellow and blue just once, and that we get it right."

Last edited:
Not sure if Josh Brolin is in 3 or not but I’ll put this here anyway.

It's rumored.
Will have to just wait and see, I guess.

I am seriously geeking out for this movie.

I don't recall ever feeling this much anticipation for movie, except for Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Deadpool 2

Oh, and John Wick 3 and 4

Last edited:

Marvel Studios confirmed that this would be the first R-rated MCU movie.

This would also be the first R-rated movie to be directly distributed under Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

@goodnterribles

The filmmakers cite the buddy comedies Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987), Midnight Run (1988), and the 48 Hours films an influence on the film.

Deadpool:
"You ever had sex with an animal, Wolvie? Remember those chickens on the Indian reservation? There were some good looking chickens there, Wolvie. You know, between us..."

*Dramatic pause*

Wolverine:
"Yeah, there were a couple there I might've taken a shot at."

Wolverine:
"Now get this: we ain't partners, we ain't brothers, and we ain't friends! And if this guy gets away you're gonna be sorry you ever met me!"

Deadpool:
"I'm already sorry"

Waiting for this movie.

5c90bc443c6af11e5d9c57244fa661be.gif

So, I guess I am in the minority in that I don't love Dead Pool. I saw the first one and enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was the great piece of comedic/super hero/cinema that most think it is.

It was good, but I don't get the great love so many have for it. Including my son.

So, I guess I am in the minority in that I don't love Dead Pool. I saw the first one and enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was the great piece of comedic/super hero/cinema that most think it is.

It was good, but I don't get the great love so many have for it. Including my son.

Its not that its a great piece of comedic/super hero/cinema...
Its because its different. It works. It does things "right".
It also helps if you're a comic book nerd like me.
Much of his appeal is because "The Merc with a Mouth" is not really a superhero, he's actually an antihero.
He jokes incessantly and breaks the fourth wall. He is self-aware. He is a fictional comic book character who KNOWS he is a fictional comic book character. This is so meta its hilarious, and is unlike any other traditional "superhero" character.
He was hugely popular in the comic world right away.

Another reason the Deadpool movies are popular is because the casting of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is literally "perfect":
The Deadpool character first appeared in comic books in the 1990s
This was his description back then:
"a disfigured Canadian mercenary with superhuman regenerative healing abilities. He is known for his tendency to joke incessantly and break the fourth wall for humorous effect."
In the 2004 comic series Cable & Deadpool, he refers to his own scarred appearance as "Ryan Reynolds crossed with a Shar Pei"
So when Ryan Reynolds was cast as Deadpool 12 years later, comic book fans went apeshit. Ryan is Canadian, and is just as witty and sarcastic in real life as the Deadpool character from the comics. His real life personality was just like Deadpools

Another reason Ryan's casting is perfect, is Ryans's real-life friendship and fake-feud with Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine. In the comics, the original story of the Deadpool character actually had ties to Wolverine's history. And Ryan makes references to Wolverine in the first Deadpool movie. Its perfect.

The breaking of the 4th wall and the self-awareness that he is a fictional comic book character allows Deadpool to make pop culture references like in Deadpool 2 where he makes wisecracks about the X-Men movies, such as Deadpool asking Colossus if Professor X is the James McAvoy or the Patrick Stewart version, and in his interaction with Cable (played by Josh Brolin) he makes references to The Goonies (a movie Josh was in), Thanos (which Josh played in the Avengers), and the 'Do you want to build a snowman/Papa can you hear me' reference, where the latter was a song sang by Barbra Streisand, who is married to Josh Brolins dad, James Brolin. Deadpool takes shots at not just other Marvel movies, but DC comics movies, James Bond movies, John Wick movies, etc. There are so many inside jokes and easter eggs... Its stuff like this that many find hilarious and geek out over.

The comic book references are largely what fans are looking forward to in Deadpool 3/aka Deadpool and Wolverine.
Now that all the licenses/rights are own by one entity (Disney), all the previous owners of the different Marvel products (Spiderman, X-men, Avengers, etc) which all had different owners at one time (Sony, 20th Century Fox, etc) are all now in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). For example: many people may not have noticed, or not understood why, the Avengers movies could not refer to certain characters as "mutants". They were instead referred to as "enhanced" e.g. the Maximoff twins (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver). The MCU previously didn't own the rights to use the word "mutant". So now that all the legal entanglements have been resolved,the Deadpool movies can now reference any X-Men or Avenger character, and vice versa. Also, it seems that Wolverine will be wearing his traditional yellow outfit from the comics, which the X-Men movies went away from.

Again, these are the kinds of things that comic book nerds geek out over.
Everything will finally be "right" in the latest Deadpool movie.
The teaming up of Ryan and Hugh as Deadpool and Wolverine is what fans have been craving for almost 10 years.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back