• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

DE/DT Jalen Marshall "Nebraska Will Be Hard To Beat" After His Weekend Visit

I at least could understand Missouri, but I just don’t get Indiana. Tom Allen is darn good, but it’s still Indiana for crying out loud.
I find myself thinking like you often ELLIS but then living in the south and considering the current state of Nebraska football I hear many fans of other teams saying similar things about the Huskers. It was funny listening to some seemingly rational Kentucky fans when we pulled Robinson out of there. I’m not sure where you live but sometimes you almost have to get away from Nebraska to see what the rest of the country thinks of us anymore. The recruits today I don’t care who won a championship three years ago let alone 25.

Moral victory (not going to another Big 10 team).

I liked it better when the stories were about him having "a great visit" to Lincoln and how "Nebraska will be tough to beat". I suppose it is rare for kids not to say they had "great visits" on their OVs. Just seems like another kid this year who we were leading with for awhile but then lost out on.

Moral victory (not going to another Big 10 team).

I liked it better when the stories were about him having "a great visit" to Lincoln and how "Nebraska will be tough to beat". I suppose it is rare for kids not to say they had "great visits" on their OVs. Just seems like another kid this year who we were leading with for awhile but then lost out on.
Probably hearing from other coaches that "Nebraska is on a down-hill slide and picking up speed. You don't want to go there and be a part of that, do you?"

It is probably a good thing we can only sign a small class this year. It is going to be difficult for Frost & Co. to sell the program to better players unless and until there starts to be some success on the field.

I at least could understand Missouri, but I just don’t get Indiana. Tom Allen is darn good, but it’s still Indiana for crying out loud.
As you know, these kids don't care about history. They don't care about Ahman Green, Grant Wistrom, or the Peter brothers.
If we are honest here, Indiana has a better team and IMO, a better coach in Tom Allen. If I'm a recruit and being objective about it, why wouldn't I take a look at them over DONU?? Hell, I'd probably want to play for IU over Missouri at this point. :Cheers:

Last edited:
As you know, these kids don't care about history. They don't care about Ahman Green, Grant Wistrom, or the Peter brothers.
If we are honest here, Indiana has a better team and IMO, a better coach in Tom Allen. If I'm a recruit and being objective about it, why wouldn't I take a look at them over DONU?? Hell, I'd probably want to play for IU over Missouri at this point. :Cheers:
Truth. Living in the past doesn't work for a 18/19 year old man.

Probably hearing from other coaches that "Nebraska is on a down-hill slide and picking up speed. You don't want to go there and be a part of that, do you?"

It is probably a good thing we can only sign a small class this year. It is going to be difficult for Frost & Co. to sell the program to better players unless and until there starts to be some success on the field.
Agreed. Hard to prove it, but it sure feels like a lot of negative recruiting toward NU and Frost is going on. Kids that visit NU and seem to love it here go somewhere else a week or two later and suddenly lose all interest. In most cases, we are not losing out to Alabama, Clemson, tOSU, or ND. We are losing out instead to Indiana, Missouri, West Virginia, and South Carolina.

Winning this year is critical for many reasons, including recruiting. We need to dispel the current narrative that the team is going nowhere and the staff will be gone soon. Really only one way to do that!

Agreed. Hard to prove it, but it sure feels like a lot of negative recruiting toward NU and Frost is going on. Kids that visit NU and seem to love it here go somewhere else a week or two later and suddenly lose all interest. In most cases, we are not losing out to Alabama, Clemson, tOSU, or ND. We are losing out instead to Indiana, Missouri, West Virginia, and South Carolina.

Winning this year is critical for many reasons, including recruiting. We need to dispel the current narrative that the team is going nowhere and the staff will be gone soon. Really only one way to do that!
I don’t really think we can call it negative recruiting when coaches from other schools are showing recruits facts. Only Frost and his staff can change the narrative.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back