• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson replaces Dewitt as OLB coach, Held promoted to Recruiting Coordinator, Austin Run Game Coordinator, Fisher gets 125k raise

Not much of a shakeup, and the Dawson rehire doesn't seem to address the Special Teams need. Hopefully it all works out and Dawson proves to be a big upgrade over DeWitt.
I like the hire. It should be a seamless transition for the coaches and even the players.

I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.
So how much will the "He already left for the NFL once, he'll do it again" be used against us in recruiting?

Our #1 target is 45 miles away.
From what I’m hearing he grew up a Husker fan and his dad went to school there. However he’s really tight with Logan Jones and has Logan in his ear on a daily basis about joining him at Iowa. Couple that with what Iowa does with tight ends it going to be a dog fight to get him.

***: A very good friend is a purple kitty graduate and hardcore fb fan. His feel around the program has been consistent - thanks to the Snyder's for their work with kstate football but it's time to move on.....and the son truly isn't going to be a big part of the future of the program in spite of Daddy's insistence.

I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.

Just curious, why were you hoping Dawson didn’t come back? Is that based on the 2018 team or are you overall unimpressed with Dawson’s work?

So how much will the "He already left for the NFL once, he'll do it again" be used against us in recruiting?
I think the "he needed one year for his pension" will make some sense to people. But as others have said, it won't hurt as much as another sub .500 season. The good news is we had a good LB haul this class, so maybe he won't be looking for as many, and Chinander is already off and running trying to grab some kids for 2021.

***: A very good friend is a purple kitty graduate and hardcore fb fan. His feel around the program has been consistent - thanks to the Snyder's for their work with kstate football but it's time to move on.....and the son truly isn't going to be a big part of the future of the program in spite of Daddy's insistence.
Well that makes a lot of sense then. Especially since Frost holds the Snyders in such high regard and stays in contact.

Just curious, why were you hoping Dawson didn’t come back? Is that based on the 2018 team or are you overall unimpressed with Dawson’s work?
I should clarify there... I guess i'm just speaking on people coming with Mickey Joseph and Helfrich rumors, and we got a guy that was already here and doesn't carry as much clout. I don't really have a favorable or unfavorably opinion of his recruiting or coaching abilities at this point.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back