• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson replaces Dewitt as OLB coach, Held promoted to Recruiting Coordinator, Austin Run Game Coordinator, Fisher gets 125k raise

I've heard Dan Jackson from SDSU could be in play as well. (NVM. THis was incorrect)
I haven't heard that at all. Dan Jackson is a beast on the recruiting trail in Nebraska, and specifically Omaha. I wonder how that could work though as we are at 10 assistants and an analyst can't recruit unless we pull someone off the road. I also don't know anything about his coaching ability.

He is a stud though for South Dakota State.

Honest question, while TE play needs work, hasn’t Beckton’s connections into the south been a fruitful thing for getting in the doors of high schools?
Ya, I think he has some really good connections. I believe he really helped us out in our 2018 or 2019 class (can't remember which one), didn't have a ton to do with our 2020 class. He has some very good ties down there, and honestly our lack of TE involvement wasn't because he was teaching them the wrong stuff. They were running wide open quite a bit.

I only threw his name out because Held, Austin, and Verduzco weren't going anywhere. Walters we figured out isn't. So we weren't going to get rid of a defensive guy to bring another offensive guy on.

Ya, I think he has some really good connections. I believe he really helped us out in our 2018 or 2019 class (can't remember which one), didn't have a ton to do with our 2020 class. He has some very good ties down there, and honestly our lack of TE involvement wasn't because he was teaching them the wrong stuff. They were running wide open quite a bit.

I only threw his name out because Held, Austin, and Verduzco weren't going anywhere. Walters we figured out isn't. So we weren't going to get rid of a defensive guy to bring another offensive guy on.
Curious of your take on Verduzco? Definitely gets his man every year recruiting. Not sure I saw any improvement from year 1-2 for 2AM. If anything he seemed to go backwards.

Curious of your take on Verduzco? Definitely gets his man every year recruiting. Not sure I saw any improvement from year 1-2 for 2AM. If anything he seemed to go backwards.
But an argument could also be made for Luke and Noah's development. All we read about was how green Luke was and his film in high school showed poor mechanics. In the limited time that I saw him, he looked competent, confident, and his mechanics certainly improved. Additionally, it looks like Noah has come a long way as well. Remember when people were freaking out about his poor performance in the spring game and then in the BC (I believe) game? I truly believe beyond injuries, AM had some things going on between his ears that certainly wasn't helping him either.

All I know is, Scott is enamored with Coach Verdu. As a former quarterback, he sees tremendous value in him.

Last edited:
Something to watch for... if he gets severance the Giants are on the hook for his pension.
Ok, now I'm confused. So he isn't eligible for a pension since he only went back for a year? Is it a vestment type deal depending on how many years he's coached in NFL? I liked Dawson coming back, but if he's just going to bolt for the NFL again I'm not so sure about the decision....

I don't pretend to know what happened this year with AM, but I really get the feeling that he was injured for most of, if not the whole season. Injured to the point that he was scared to run and take a hit. That gets in your head and all of the sudden you're not fully paying attention down field anymore because you're worried about the injury and you become an errant passer.

Or, none of that is true and he really did take a step back for whatever reason. It's more worrying if that's the case because it'd be hard to explain why he did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back