• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dawson recruiting question

LOL I hope the one you met was the one elected to speak for all of NJ.

Just cut your losses & move on...
So according to you and MABC it is not ok for anyone to not like the armpit of America. good to know. If you want to move to that human cesspool go right ahead. I do not like it and would never want to live anywhere in the state. Pretty much everyone who does not live in the very rich areas is looking for a time and place to get out. Have you ever been to the "Garden State"? The quote from Miss Congeniality was perfect. Why is NJ the garden state. Answer because the oil and petrochemical state doesn't fit on a license plate.

LOL I hope the one you met was the one elected to speak for all of NJ.

Just cut your losses & move on...
Thanks, you beat me to it.

Umm did you not see the. I met one whe i went to the Rutgers game quote? I love in MD Jersey is not far away. My wife has relatives there. I have been there do not like it.

So ... you drove north up I-95 on the NJ Turnpike--which is one of the busiest stretches of interstate in the U.S--until you got off at Exit 9 going towards US-1. According to Google Maps, you drove exactly 5.1 miles to get from the Interstate to the stadium. You then talked to "one" at the Rutgers game. You live in a state that borders NJ (even though it's the southern part of NJ). Am I summarizing correctly? This is what you're using as the basis for arguing with me?

Imagine someone from Kansas drove from St. Joseph, MO, to Arrowhead Stadium where he spoke with "one" fan, and then claimed the same expertise on the state of Missouri that you're claiming regarding NJ. No problem, right?

Last edited:
Thanks, you beat me to it.

So ... you drove north up I-95 on the NJ Turnpike--which is one of the busiest stretches of interstate in the U.S--until you got off at Exit 9 going towards US-1. According to Google Maps, you drove exactly 5.1 miles to get from the Interstate to the stadium. You then talked to "one" at the Rutgers game. You live in a state that borders NJ (even though it's the southern part of NJ). Am I summarizing correctly? This is what you're using as the basis for arguing with me?

Imagine someone from Kansas drove from St. Joseph, MO, to Arrowhead Stadium where he spoke with "one" fan, and then claimed the same expertise on the state of Missouri that you're claiming regarding NJ. No problem, right?
Keep reading my quotes. Been there several times. never found anything worth staying there for. Like I said before 1 big dump. Hell even you in laws who lived there for decades CHOSE to move away when they could. SOOOO. What is your argument about how great it is again?

Keep reading my quotes. Been there several times. never found anything worth staying there for. Like I said before 1 big dump. Hell even you in laws who lived there for decades CHOSE to move away when they could. SOOOO. What is your argument about how great it is again?
I never said that living there is great, and I certainly don't like a lot of the rough parts of the state, but I would go fly fishing for trout on the South Branch of the Raritan River near Califon any chance I could get, and I can think of more than a couple dozen restaurants between Morristown, Basking Ridge, Somerville, Somerset, and the Brunswicks where I'd love to go for some meals. Ocean Grove, NJ, is one of the most family-friendly beaches that I've ever visited. It's a bucket list item for me to someday hit the northern beaches during the striped bass blitz. There's hardly a road in Hunterdon County that isn't beautiful and scenic. I met my wife working at a beautiful day camp in Liberty Corner, NJ, which has a pretty little stream cutting through it with frequent man-made dams that form small lakes that are loaded with largemouth bass, bluegills, and catfish. Tubing down the Delaware River is about as beautiful a day as a family can spend anywhere, and it costs only a few bucks. By the way everything that I just mentioned would start just north of the stadium and continues all the way up past Morristown, so you never saw any of it.

Other than that, though, yeah ... it's just a hell hole with nothing to do.

P.S.--My in-laws moved to VA from NJ after they retired so as to save on taxes. NJ is one of the worst states in America as far as tax levels. Like I already said, I wouldn't want to live there. I could spend about a month there every summer though and likely never grow tired of it.

Last edited:
I never said that living there is great, and I certainly don't like a lot of the rough parts of the state, but I would go fly fishing for trout on the South Branch of the Raritan River near Califon any chance I could get, and I can think of more than a couple dozen restaurants between Morristown, Basking Ridge, Somerville, Somerset, and the Brunswicks where I'd love to go for some meals. Ocean Grove, NJ, is one of the most family-friendly beaches that I've ever visited. It's a bucket list item for me to someday hit the northern beaches during the striped bass blitz. There's hardly a road in Hunterdon County that isn't beautiful and scenic. I met my wife working at a beautiful day camp in Liberty Corner, NJ, which has a pretty little stream cutting through it with frequent man-made dams that form small lakes that are loaded with largemouth bass, bluegills, and catfish. Tubing down the Delaware River is about as beautiful a day as a family can spend anywhere, and it costs only a few bucks. By the way everything that I just mentioned would start just north of the stadium and continues all the way up past Morristown, so you never saw any of it.

Other than that, though, yeah ... it's just a hell hole with nothing to do.

P.S.--My in-laws moved to VA from NJ after they retired so as to save on taxes. NJ is one of the worst states in America as far as tax levels. Like I already said, I wouldn't want to live there. I could spend about a month there every summer though and likely never grow tired of it.
Well since my original post was about getting someone to live there 4-5 years. Maybe my OP had a point. BTW you in laws may have made a questionable choice on their move. The new legislature in VA are basically turning VA tax wise into NJ.

So according to you and MABC it is not ok for anyone to not like the armpit of America. good to know. If you want to move to that human cesspool go right ahead. I do not like it and would never want to live anywhere in the state. Pretty much everyone who does not live in the very rich areas is looking for a time and place to get out. Have you ever been to the "Garden State"? The quote from Miss Congeniality was perfect. Why is NJ the garden state. Answer because the oil and petrochemical state doesn't fit on a license plate.

Enough.

RR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back