• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Davon Townley 2021 DE

IMO if you think Townley is a difference-making edge rusher, you take him if you can get him. That position is at a premium in every program, and has especially been a struggle to get those guys to NU.

More important than upgrading the backup QB, or holding a spot for a transfer.
I can tell you the staff is all over finding a QB to add to this class now. But to your point, they are unsure if they can find the "right" guy. They know they are in a world of trouble at that spot right now if Martinez goes down (which is why they were publicly trying to convey to the media how much they needed LM). We have guys they are excited about, just not quite ready (think McCaffrey but less playbook knowledge).

With Dickerson being a massive 'if', and Townley being a massive Penn State lean, just go after both of them hard and if you get both just be thankful. Try to find a QB for the summer like a Stanley Jean-Baptiste that is just looking for a landing spot and will be grateful for the opportunity. There's tons of Andrew Bunch's that are going to emerge from the JUCO ranks after that spring season.

Let's be honest, in the long run if we are relying much on our backup QB we are not in for a good year anyway.

The thing that irks me about the QB situation is that Vedral is starting in conference and LM just walked out of the restroom, didn't bother to flush, and got back on the bus to Anytown, USA. Totally agree with *** here. Go hard after both Townley and AD. If you get one great. Get both, better yet. There are a number of decent back up QB'S in the portal, just gotta coach 'em up. At this point in my mind Vedral is the far greater loss.

Last edited:

Agree. There's the rub, can we really get a quality guy to come in here when we know Martinez is the starter? And could be for another two years?
I can certainly understand but how does Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State continue to roll five stars in and out of the program and we can’t seem to keep two playing ready quarterbacks on the roster. Ohio state had three all-conference type quarterbacks playing in the same year when they won their last national championship.

Masker threw for 6,950 yards and 85 TD’s in three seasons of high school . Had no idea he had those numbers until I read his bio.
That’s impressive anywhere. I didn’t remember his numbers being that good either. Nice guy to have around.

Masker threw for 6,950 yards and 85 TD’s in three seasons of high school . Had no idea he had those numbers until I read his bio.
That’s impressive anywhere. I didn’t remember his numbers being that good either. Nice guy to have around.
Yeah, he broke some dude's high school records. I can't remember who that dude was. I should know it, too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back