• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Davidson out interviewing with Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
I don't have the Twitter link, but it's out there.

I'm curious what Matt is doing on the road with Scott interviewing? Sounds like they want to have an announcement Wed/Thursday.

I don't have the Twitter link, but it's out there.

I'm curious what Matt is doing on the road with Scott interviewing? Sounds like they want to have an announcement Wed/Thursday.
Well he is the associate AD of Football. I am sure they want to continuity between Frost, Davison, and Alberts. Plus, it is always good to have another set of eyes/ears with you when making these decisions.

Another set of eyes, sure. Wouldn't you want another coach though?

This feels like Frost needs his safety blanket with him. Just odd to me.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. But Frost does trust Davison probably more than anyone, so that is probably what he is wanting to have with him. The perception may look bad, but who knows, we are used to things being weird....

If they are still interviewing, nothing is set and they may be down to 2nd or 3rd choices. Hopefully no worse than that.
If we are to believe those who say that the OC is already hired, then this must be for the other 2 assistant spots.....and having Davison doing the interviews with Frost, instead of the OC being involved, is strange indeed. But, if strange gets us good assistants hired, I'm ok with it. (Not that the NU administration cares what I think...)

At the end of the day, the new OC is an educated guess/crap shoot. Nobody will know for sure whether it is a slam dunk or not until game time next year.

All we can do is hope that HCSF gets it right along with the other openings and Huskers get on a roll!

Side note: What is so popular about an OC that only knows the veer/triple option?

Not sure why.

I guess I’d take another coach, say the OC or DC if I was talking to a position coach.

Taking the Associate AD seems like a ‘No biggie’ moment to me.
Maybe it's not a big deal, just seems like I never heard of that type of position doing interviews before. And they are interviewing position coaches from what I understand.

Seems like having someone from administration joining interview would help the candidate make a jump given Frost’s uncertainty which is so highly broadcast (at least on this board).

Weird some say “why would someone join at risk Frost” and then when he brings along administration “why does he need a safety blanket…”.

we are so bipolar as a fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back