• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Santos awarded a 4th-star by Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin is a little oldschool in what they do, but is that such a bad thing? They seem to be doing alright this year...

Indiana, Illinios and Purdue don't play defense that's why Ohio St. scores over 50 on them every year and the Huskers will too.

i agree we will blow them out....Nu's PESO defense works against WCO offenses ran by Indiana/Illi./Perdue. Not so much for the rest of the league, imagine we go with our dime package or nickle package.

Those are spread offense's not West Coast....and Michigan runs a spread-option...

i agree we will blow them out....Nu's PESO defense works against WCO offenses ran by Indiana/Illi./Perdue. Not so much for the rest of the league, imagine we go with our dime package or nickle package.

WIsky is a bit of a traditional, power running team like what Bama tries to do.

However, I wonder why people think Miami speed could shut down NU back in the day, but suddenly having speed is maybe a liability?

PErsonally, I think everyone tries to recruit the biggest, fastest players they can find. I think Bo does that, and I have no doubt he'll put the guys he gets in the best position to win.

Trying to consistently get to the corner/run outside against a really fast team is rather futile without mixing it up quite a bit. Taking it directly at a "small"/fast team is the way to go if you have the horses. Other than maybe Wisco that you mentioned I guess I just don't see a ton of "smashmouth" in the big 10...right now.

Trying to consistently get to the corner/run outside against a really fast team is rather futile without mixing it up quite a bit. Taking it directly at a "small"/fast team is the way to go if you have the horses. Other than maybe Wisco that you mentioned I guess I just don't see a ton of "smashmouth" in the big 10...right now.

I live in Northern Iowa and get to see a lot of Big 10 games. Wisconsin has a great offensive line and definitely tries to be very physical on that side of the ball. Michigan St. also has a physical offensive line and tries to hammer right at you. Michigan St. has a couple good young running backs as well. Iowa is physical but they rely heavily on the zone blocking schemes and don't hammer it like Wisconsin. We are in for some physical match ups. I think it is going to be interesting next year as this is going to be a totally new experience. I have mentioned this several times on Huskermax -- 9 wins each year for next 2 years may be very good seasons for us. The schedule is brutal next year. I know we usually get everyone's best shot in the Big 12, but I think the Big 10 teams are really going to be out to "welcome" us to the league.

I live in Northern Iowa and get to see a lot of Big 10 games. Wisconsin has a great offensive line and definitely tries to be very physical on that side of the ball. Michigan St. also has a physical offensive line and tries to hammer right at you. Michigan St. has a couple good young running backs as well. Iowa is physical but they rely heavily on the zone blocking schemes and don't hammer it like Wisconsin. We are in for some physical match ups. I think it is going to be interesting next year as this is going to be a totally new experience. I have mentioned this several times on Huskermax -- 9 wins each year for next 2 years may be very good seasons for us. The schedule is brutal next year. I know we usually get everyone's best shot in the Big 12, but I think the Big 10 teams are really going to be out to "welcome" us to the league.

Eh...considering NU will be 4-0 in the non-conf. that would mean 5-3 in the Big 10. Certainly a possibility but I would definitely not call that a "very good season". Can't say I'm sold on MSU. Wisco and OSU will be tough. Iowa? Never been a believer. PSU? Not so tough (tough place to play though). Minn, NW..wins. Michigan? Who knows...that QB will be a handful...but he's about all they have.

But it's not like NU will be showing up with no ammo. The offense will only get better as TM gets more experience. And, despite the assumption of some that Bo will somehow struggle with Big 10 offenses...mmm....just dont see it. Cakewalk? Nope. Death March? No way.

the insight is much appreciated. Tomorrow may be the first full free saturday I have had in a while...may have to check out a Big 10 game or two.

Texas has more stars then the universe but it isn't helping them this year. Same for USC. I would say it helps but coaching is where it's at.

Classic Husker bump. While our top ranked guys drop like sacks of wet cement in the rankings, many of our 3* guys get bumped into that 4*-just below the Rivals 250 area. I wish I had been keeping track over the past 5 or 6 years how many guys we have in that area. We have to lead the nation by a good margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back