• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Santos awarded a 4th-star by Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Santos now listed as a 4* Nebraska has 11 4*'s compared to :
Ohio ST. 8
Michigan 3
Iowa 3
Indiana 2
Wisc. 1
PSU 1
Everyone else 0

That seems to be a big talent difference with possibly more to come. Did the Huskers ever have a talent advantage over Texas or Oklahoma in the BIG XII ?

Ohio ST. 8
Michigan 3
Iowa 3
Indiana 2
Wisc. 1
PSU 1
Everyone else 0

That seems to be a big talent difference with possibly more to come. Did the Huskers ever have a talent advantage over Texas or Oklahoma in the BIG XII ?

Great research yuengling! I know there was a year or two where our recruiting class was better than OU, but with this much of a gap, i'm not so sure. Of course, this is just initial evaluation by the experts at rivals, or the idiots at rivals, depends on who you ask. I was just lookinig at classes today for our new conference and a couple things really jumped out at me. Indiana has a pretty solid class put together already, and PSU has only 4 people committed. Wisconsin seems to be getting "mediocre" players according to the experts, but Coach Bielemma (spelling?) gets a ton of talent out of his players and they are always dangerous.

We will definetely have to shore up our run defense moving conferences, heck even if we stayed in the Big12 we would have to, but it looks like Pelini has the trenches as a priority in this class. Hopefully, and I would assume most-likely, it will stay that way.

The two most successful offenses in the Big Ten are Michigan and Ohio St. and Husker D is built to stop them.

The two most successful offenses in the Big Ten are Michigan and Ohio St. and Husker D is built to stop them.

I dont think so....its built to beat indiana, purdue , Illini. We will have to play with 2 lbackers against the rest of the league.

Indiana, Illinios and Purdue don't play defense that's why Ohio St. scores over 50 on them every year and the Huskers will too.

Ohio ST. 8
Michigan 3
Iowa 3
Indiana 2
Wisc. 1
PSU 1
Everyone else 0

If NU can maintain its Texas recruiting while expanding into Ohio, Mich, the east...they could very well develop a speed advantage in the Big 10+2. We may have to get bigger in the linebacker area to stop the power game consistently but having lock-down corners with man single coverage skills opens up all kinds of defensive possibilities. Maybe we can find some of those elite WR's we've been missing out on and stretch the field. This is going to be interesting the next few years. Could be we fit in to the upper group with OSU, Wisc, Iowa...we may dominate with OSU or we may struggle while we get accustomed to the team tendencies in the conference.

If NU can maintain its Texas recruiting while expanding into Ohio, Mich, the east...they could very well develop a speed advantage in the Big 10+2. We may have to get bigger in the linebacker area to stop the power game consistently but having lock-down corners with man single coverage skills opens up all kinds of defensive possibilities. Maybe we can find some of those elite WR's we've been missing out on and stretch the field. This is going to be interesting the next few years. Could be we fit in to the upper group with OSU, Wisc, Iowa...we may dominate with OSU or we may struggle while we get accustomed to the team tendencies in the conference.

Have to admit I haven't been able to watch a ton of non-NU football this year...so a question I have is does the perception of Big 10 being a "power football" league match reality? I know it doesn't with Michigan. Not so sure it does with Ohio State, Purdue. Not sure I care what Indiana, Minn, Illinois, etc. are doing. Just curious if it's as big a deal as some think.

Have to admit I haven't been able to watch a ton of non-NU football this year...so a question I have is does the perception of Big 10 being a "power football" league match reality? I know it doesn't with Michigan. Not so sure it does with Ohio State, Purdue. Not sure I care what Indiana, Minn, Illinois, etc. are doing. Just curious if it's as big a deal as some think.

WIsky is a bit of a traditional, power running team like what Bama tries to do.

However, I wonder why people think Miami speed could shut down NU back in the day, but suddenly having speed is maybe a liability?

PErsonally, I think everyone tries to recruit the biggest, fastest players they can find. I think Bo does that, and I have no doubt he'll put the guys he gets in the best position to win.

The thing that worries me is that teams run on when they want to this year, and I see Wisconsin doing the same next year big time

Running on the Huskers

There are teams/individuals that have put up some rushing numbers on NU. But, NU only has one loss. NU's D is very good, I see real genius with Bo and Carl on that side of the ball. Their pro mentality of giving up yards and winning the game did bother me, not any more. At 8-1 they are the men.

However, I wonder why people think Miami speed could shut down NU back in the day, but suddenly having speed is maybe a liability?

PErsonally, I think everyone tries to recruit the biggest, fastest players they can find. I think Bo does that, and I have no doubt he'll put the guys he gets in the best position to win.

I'm not sure people think speed is a liability, per say. But speaking in general? I think to get speed, you sacrifice size and vice versa. And with the insane amount of speed we have? You have to admit a lot of our guys aren't exactly monsters. We need some beefy boys to slow the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back