• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Darrell Hazell is out as Purdue's football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be interesting to see the changes they make on both sides of the ball heading into our game.

Last edited:

Worked out well for LSU so far but they have a ton of talent while Purdue not so much. I think Purdue will be in disarray more then likely which will just help us.

Worked out well for LSU so far but they have a ton of talent while Purdue not so much. I think Purdue will be in disarray more then likely which will just help us.
Huge difference in the coach they made the interim too....but yeah Purdue is a mess and in disarray. Their D is already in shambles.

3 possibilities . . .

(1) They are demoralized and play like it.

(2) Nothing changes . . . and they play like it.

(3) They are energized and miraculously play a lot better--sometimes happens when the head guy gets the ax.

Wow. That's a surprise fire at this time in the season.

I guess I didn't realize this either:

Hazell was hopeful new coordinators could get the Boilermakers untracked in 2016, but neither the offense nor the defense showed consistency over the first six games.

The defense, under Ross Els, hasn’t successfully addressed its biggest weaknesses: Stopping the run and getting off the field on third down. The Hawkeyes rushed for 365 yards Saturday, making it three consecutive weeks in which Purdue has allowed an opponent to rush for at least 300 yards. Illinois had 315 two weeks ago, and Maryland had 400 in the Big Ten opener. Iowa also converted its first seven third down attempts Saturday before finishing 9 of 16 on third down. In the first two Big Ten games, Purdue allowed 8-of-23 conversions. Heading into Saturday's game, it was last in the nation in third-down conversion defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back