• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Darin Erstad's starting salary set at $160,000

Wow, I figured it would be lower than Mile's but not 1/2. How low is the assistance salaaries?

I think the assistants are going to be doing well in regards to assistant coaches in the college baseball world. Erstad was given a pool of money to work with for salaries. I suspect he took small chunk of the money for his salary (he doesn't really need a big salary at this point) and used the rest to draw in two high quality, well regarded assistants.

"I just said to Darin, 'Here's so much money and you split it up as you see fit -- keep as much of that pool or give it to your assistants,' " Osborne said. "I knew he would allocate it wisely. And he has."
http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/erstads_pool_of_money.html

I think the assistants are going to be doing well in regards to assistant coaches in the college baseball world. Erstad was given a pool of money to work with for salaries. I suspect he took small chunk of the money for his salary (he doesn't really need a big salary at this point) and used the rest to draw in two high quality, well regarded assistants.

That explains it thanks. I guess I missed that quote by Osborne or forgot about it.

I realize that 160G isn't chump change, but I just keep thinking of the phrase "For the Love of the Game".:Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back