• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dantonio out at Michigan State

Big10 schools have a lot more money than Pac12 schools. However, I personally think Colorado is the better job from a football standpoint... Pac12 is not nearly as rugged as the B10. Dantonio caught lightning in a bottle and I suspect MSU will go back to being a middle of the road program for many years to come.
CU will never be the class of the PAC12. California schools have closer access to talent. Plus CU doesn’t care about football like they do in Michigan.

MSU has tOSU, UofM and PSU ... yes but their administration obviously cares about football, the schools is in extremely fertile recruiting territory and got much more financial wherewithal than the PAC12 and CU.

Do you have a link to SF saying "i was nervous and confused"?
The word I believe he used was "emotions"....this is the quote in the post-game presser: "As a coach you try to stay calm on the sideline... but it was tough today because of emotions". He talked about it later in the week as well. Couple that with the look on his face during the 4th qtr and it reeked of nervous and confused

CU will never be the class of the PAC12. California schools have closer access to talent. Plus CU doesn’t care about football like they do in Michigan.

MSU has tOSU, UofM and PSU ... yes but their administration obviously cares about football, the schools is in extremely fertile recruiting territory and got much more financial wherewithal than the PAC12 and CU.
I do agree that MSU will be more committed to football, but the Big10 East is brutal. So if I'm a coach, I look at the most manageable schedule year in and year out.

Hmm.... I'm not sold on CU being a better football coaching job than MSU.

Sure, the Pac-12 is not as rugged -- and how has that helped any team in the Pac-12 in recent years? Has CU taken advantage of the Pac-12 being subpar? Colorado is just a bad program and has been for quite a while. Add the fact that Michigan State was willing to pay twice what CU was shows the Buffs have significantly less commitment to the football team. It's not a football school. Skiing, 420, Broncos, whatever else. Believe it or not, Michigan State is 22nd in all-time college football win percentage. They aren't upper-tier like Michigan and Ohio State -- but they do have a winning tradition and more commitment to football than lowly CU. Heck, MSU's stadium holds 50% more fans than CU's.
I definitely see that side of the argument. But if it were me, I'd take the easier schedule year in and year out. I think Dantonio had a good run at MSU, but I think that is more the exception than the rule at MSU. But money talks, so I don't blame Tucker for making the switch.

Last edited:

It was by far Frost and his staff worst performance in the 2 years they've been here. He looked nervous, acted confused and admitted as much after the game.

You think so? I am going with Purdue this year. They were reeling at that point. They were starting #2 QB and the best player on their team, Moore, is out for the season. Along with missing quite a few other players due to injury.

This game still pisses me off whenever I think about it. Remember shovel pass at the goal line? Telegraph pass to Spielman at the goal line that is picked off. Giving up 3rd and 15 on your own 23 yard line. Losing 14-13 at halftime when you should be up 21-10 at the least and probably 28-10. Oh and finally, letting the 3rd string Freshman QB drive 80 yards going 6 of 7 to set up winning TD.

You think so? I am going with Purdue this year. They were reeling at that point. They were starting #2 QB and the best player on their team, Moore, is out for the season. Along with missing quite a few other players due to injury.

This game still pisses me off whenever I think about it. Remember shovel pass at the goal line? Telegraph pass to Spielman at the goal line that is picked off. Giving up 3rd and 15 on your own 23 yard line. Losing 14-13 at halftime when you should be up 21-10 at the least and probably 28-10. Oh and finally, letting the 3rd string Freshman QB drive 80 yards going 6 of 7 to set up winning TD.
Good point... i forgot how pitiful that game was. Repressed memories are coming back...ugh!! That was an ugly ugly game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back