• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Daniels and Thomas not coming back

Daniels did not hit his stride til late last year. Big loss though. Polar Bear could step up. Riley and Robinson too. Two more scholies opening up.

Best of luck for Deontre. Personally think he either got bad advice or is making a big mistake. But his choice.

Daniels WILL get drafted and be a day two pick. He plays a premium position and played well enough to wet the appetite of NFL personnel men.

CBs, DEnds, DTs, OTs and WRs will be drafted as much on potential as on performance. Daniels has an NFL body and will be the second coming of Malik Collins.

Daniels is a different type from Collins, IMO. Collins is a penetrating 3 tech who struggled to play the run against double teams. Daniels can control 2 gaps and play the NT spot -- probably even harder to find than a penetrating 3 tech like Collins.

Thomas is a smaller version of Collins. His size will hurt him in the draft (I don't see him getting drafted), but his quickness may give him a shot at a practice squad (maybe a poor man's Darius Stills?), unless Thomas is bigger than listed and more athletic than I think

Agree but the extra year will go down as beneficial to guys like Stille … not NFL beneficial but from a personal level.

I wouldn't be shocked if Stille gets a shot and maybe makes a PS - he does quite a few things well and can fit in as a base DE for a 4-3 or a 3-4 DE as well, and maybe even go inside as a 3-tech for some 4-3's on passing downs.

Either way though, he played great for us and got a second master's degree (really impressive of him to spend his time here wisely)

Snacks made huge improvements in the off seas to be what he was this year. Hopefully the Polar Bear watched and understands what is needed.

I think we’ll see players leave.
There were certainly a lot that left last year.
Some players have to be tired of the losing.
Some players will want to go home, they always do.
Some will see the writing on the wall for Frost and beat feet to the exit.
There were shocking exits last year.
It’d be a good bet that there will be shocking exits this year.

I think we’ll see players leave.
There were certainly a lot that left last year.
Some players have to be tired of the losing.
Some players will want to go home, they always do.
Some will see the writing on the wall for Frost and beat feet to the exit.
There were shocking exits last year.
It’d be a good bet that there will be shocking exits this year.
It’s like a whole group of players leaves every January and a whole new group starts in March or August.

When will it ever stop?

:Hair Fire:

Both are warriors. Your contributions are much appreciated. Best of luck in your future endeavors. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back