• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dan Patrick

Silly to argue about us taking steriods and not putting it into context. It's a bit like Lance Armstrong when the Cycling world was "shocked, shocked to find that" people were taking drugs to compete. Never mind that the Euro Champions of the years just prior had obviously been taking more effective drugs that were effectively taken out of play due to later testing...

Did we have guys who did it? I'm sure we had some. Did we have more than others? I doubt it.

What we did have was a S&C Program that matched what Osborne wanted to do on the field and what he could do in recruiting (including Walk-ons). that's what we need to get back to

Here's you answer.

https://journalstar.com/sports/foot...cle_6d2be569-b662-5055-aea3-8a32943c0601.html

Had a co-worker who talked about it informally with Boyd Epley in the early 90s. Boyd said they knew where they got them and told the players to stay away from that gym. Also, we tested earlier that most and Boyd didn't like them, said they built the wrong kind of muscle mass.

So basically Patrick's full of crap.
Dying.

"Wrong kind of muscle mass"? Who is informing the Olympics, MLB, and the NFL? Who's informing Cushing?

Brian Cushing drug abuse: before and after - YouTube

Maybe Dan Patrick is suffering with ratings and needs a boost from husker fans? :thumbsup:
Exactly. It's not whether the claim is true or not, it's to get a reaction, like most sports talk personalities do. I'll continue to ignore him.

I don't have rose-colored glasses on about everyone in a Husker uniform being a boy scout, but institutionally, there was a much cleaner culture set by leadership here than in most other top programs.

Dan Patrick is from Ohio.
That's enough for me to dismiss anything he says.

Did you read the article? We tested beginning in mid 80s. Now there might not have been tests for some of the things they were taking but we tested for the major steroids. And, as Solich said, he was always more concerned about the pain killers.

If there was anytime for painkillers it would be now. 9-15 records do that to you pal

Obviously the wrong kind of muscle mass.
Agreed. If he would have stayed off steroids that was putting muscle mass in the wrong spot, he could have been the #1 pick in the NFL draft instead of just a first round pick.

That said, there's nothing for sports analysts to talk about right now so I don't really think about Dan Patrick's comments are that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Agreed. If he would have stayed off steroids that was putting muscle mass in the wrong spot, he could have been the #1 pick in the NFL draft instead of just a first round pick.

100%

Luckily we had testing back then so no way he we was juicing.

I am kind of surprised he had bitch tit PRIOR to pinning.

Not sure how that works

100%

Luckily we had testing back then so no way he we was juicing.

I am kind of surprised he had bitch tit PRIOR to pinning.

Not sure how that works
I believe he has pics prior to the bitch tits that show him as a beast. Rumor had it he tried to go clean, hated the results, and went back to the pin. Can’t say I blame him.

I believe he has pics prior to the bitch tits that show him as a beast. Rumor had it he tried to go clean, hated the results, and went back to the pin. Can’t say I blame him.

I've known a bunch of guys who juiced and many of them get addicted to it mentally. It's not hard to understand why. You're stronger, perform better, feel like you can take on the world and as an added bonus if you put the work in you look like a beast.

I've known a bunch of guys who juiced and many of them get addicted to it mentally. It's not hard to understand why. You're stronger, perform better, feel like you can take on the world and as an added bonus if you put the work in you look like a beast.
I’ve dabbled on occasion and loved it. However, I wasn’t one who got caught up in the notion that if some is good, more must be better. Those were the guys who seemed to really have greater issues. It is addicting, not like heroin, but when you can work your butt off to the point of exhaustion, then bounce back ready for more, it’s hard not to love the feeling.

I’ve dabbled on occasion and loved it. However, I wasn’t one who got caught up in the notion that if some is good, more must be better. Those were the guys who seemed to really have greater issues. It is addicting, not like heroin, but when you can work your butt off to the point of exhaustion, then bounce back ready for more, it’s hard not to love the feeling.

Absolutely.

Recovery is accelerated in a big way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back