• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damion Daniels...

If you are saying you disagree that he gets gassed and has to come out after 2 or 3 plays I will say that I watched video of several of the games last year and I believe it is true.
That is a fact.

With that said, he was far more effective (in 2020) during those snaps where he wasn't gassed. There were times he looked unblockable. He just needs to work on his stamina. He does that, he may get some end of year recognition

Idk, I always just feel like singling a kid out on an open forum for a reason other than coming or leaving the program is not the best approach at things. As a father if I saw someone did that to my kid I would be livid. I have probably been guilty of it at one point or another, but honestly, with what Kaden Helms and his family have been through, its given me a new thought on what to discuss on an open forum.

Which part do you disagree with...that he doesn't get gassed after 2 or 3 plays?...or that he could potentially be an all-conference type player?

If you are saying you disagree that he gets gassed and has to come out after 2 or 3 plays I will say that I watched video of several of the games last year and I believe it is true.

I should add that I think it is perfectly fine that you disagree with me. I think it is possible for 2 different people to look at the same video and come to completely different conclusions about almost anything because of different backgrounds, different perspectives, etc. It's all good.

Your over all analysis is based more on opinion and less on facts which has been pointed out to you throughout this thread

Idk, I always just feel like singling a kid out on an open forum for a reason other than coming or leaving the program is not the best approach at things. As a father if I saw someone did that to my kid I would be livid. I have probably been guilty of it at one point or another, but honestly, with what Kaden Helms and his family have been through, its given me a new thought on what to discuss on an open forum.

Agree it comes across as petulant and agenda driven

Poster watches replays of games focusing on single player, articulates observations in well thought out multi paragraph posts about how he looks from first snap in series until he has to be subbed out...posters going off 6 month old memory and stats showing 20 tackles...."disagree!"

Classic.

C

I guess for me personally when I did it in the past, It was probably less about that and more about that I thought it wasn’t a big deal because it’s a forum that the player nor his family would ever see. Boy was I wrong.

Yup players and families read these forums espically the Recruiting Forum and I have been reminding folks of that for years and years.

I have friend who are nonmembers who read these forums on a daily basis

Poster watches replays of games focusing on single player, articulates observations in well thought out multi paragraph posts about how he looks from first snap in series until he has to be subbed out...posters going off 6 month old memory and stats showing 20 tackles...."disagree!"

Classic.

C

Because some of the statements he made just weren't true. 2019 Daniels was gassed all the time. 2020 Daniels was not. He was subbed out a lot because Chinander played that weird nickel/kinda/sorta defense where he moved ends to the tackle spot. Daniels played 44 snaps against Iowa and was an absolute monster most of, if not the entire game.
That's not to say he still can't improve on his conditioning, because he needs to and we all hope he can. But this criticism seems to be off, imho.

If youe a nose and play every snap, you are a rare individual, and frankly, could probably use more weight.
True, its quality snaps, but its the coaches who are sure to be watching every snap live as well as on film who makes the decision of what quality they want/expect.

So, when the coaches say hes much better last year, I have to believe him.

I point out one thing, his brother and the twins played the year before, as well as him, theyre gone, the expected dropoff didnt really happen, and he was part of the reason for that.

Yup players and families read these forums espically the Recruiting Forum and I have been reminding folks of that for years and years.

I have friend who are nonmembers who read these forums on a daily basis

I am not going to argue my point again on this thread because I have done so ad nauseum, but I do wish to discuss your point above because it might be worth a whole separate thread...and that is the issue of what is acceptable vs inacceptable criticism. I have never been on a sports forum where no criticism of players was allowed, that is part of what an internet forum does...we discuss players, coaches, even fans at times.

Are you saying or implying that we shouldn't criticize the players on this forum because their families might be reading it? That seems to be a significant policy that I was not aware of, and I would guess there are others like me who are not aware of it. Perhaps you should start a thread on this so other members can weigh in on this issue. I would be willing to go along with this policy if all or most of the other members of this forum agree, but I would like to see the discussion.

I am not going to argue my point again on this thread because I have done so ad nauseum, but I do wish to discuss your point above because it might be worth a whole separate thread...and that is the issue of what is acceptable vs inacceptable criticism. I have never been on a sports forum where no criticism of players was allowed, that is part of what an internet forum does...we discuss players, coaches, even fans at times.

Are you saying or implying that we shouldn't criticize the players on this forum because their families might be reading it? That seems to be a significant policy that I was not aware of, and I would guess there are others like me who are not aware of it. Perhaps you should start a thread on this so other members can weigh in on this issue. I would be willing to go along with this policy if all or most of the other members of this forum agree, but I would like to see the discussion.

And you have been wrong ad naeusem

Nuff said

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back