• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damian Jackson

Didn't the staff look at him as an attempt for him to be a Long Snapper? Wasn't there issues with his speed and accuracy? Please correct me if I am wrong. Realize that is alot harder position than it looks but with his size that was or at least should be considered.
Ya, I went into that with initial question. Linebacker, to DL, to long snapper (I believe he's still doing that), to LB again.

It takes a complete bad mother-father to be a Navy SEAL, but there are not necessarily physical strength/speed requirements. D1 football requires strength/speed. I'm not saying that DJ does not have strength and speed, but being a SEAL does not always equate to having D1 skills. Making it in the SEALs is more mental than physical. Most of the SEALS I ran into back in the early 90's looked a lot more like Luke McCaffery than Damian Jackson.

It takes a complete bad mother-father to be a Navy SEAL, but there are not necessarily physical strength/speed requirements. D1 football requires strength/speed. I'm not saying that DJ does not have strength and speed, but being a SEAL does not always equate to having D1 skills. Making it in the SEALs is more mental than physical. Most of the SEALS I ran into back in the early 90's looked a lot more like Luke McCaffery than Damian Jackson.
When I lived in VA Beach I was warned that when I am out at the bars on the weekend don't worry about the big, jacked naval guys. It's the smaller, bearded ones that are more likely to be SEALS.

When I lived in VA Beach I was warned that when I am out at the bars on the weekend don't worry about the big, jacked naval guys. It's the smaller, bearded ones that are more likely to be SEALS.

I never worried about the guys with big, jacked navels. And I’m old enough now to know that if I keep my mouth shut, my hands to myself and my manner civil I almost never have to worry about anyone. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back