• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dalano Banton - N

Or in this case, not so much. He and Harris (if he stays) will be a good test of FH's ability to develop outside shooters.
I know last year Harris couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from 3 or the free throw line. He is a quality defender so maybe that trumps his offensive deficiencies

I know last year Harris couldn't hit the broad side of the barn from 3 or the free throw line. He is a quality defender so maybe that trumps his offensive deficiencies

One look at his highlight tapes from HS would tell you he couldn't shoot. He was a "slasher" and created alot of offense with his D, but i don't think i saw one jumpshot. Sure, those are boring highlights, but if you are trying to show coaches you can play BB, i would think you'd try to include that if you were had any evidence of it.

Gonna need some development for sure. From a Western Kentucky perspective:

Banton’s struggles with turnovers (3+ turnover margin in nine games) and poor shooting (just 21.6 % from three and 55.9% from the foul line) combined with Bearden’s re-emergence caused Stansbury to lose trust in Banton.

Over the last month and a half of the season, Banton never eclipsed 13 minutes, playing less than six minutes eight times. Seeing him in the conference championship, he looked very frustrated on the bench and was even given a joking cheer by his teammates as he scored three points in garbage time against Southern Miss.

However......
At the end of the day, Banton is a tough loss for WKU, his size and skill set screamed potential all-conference player if he figured out how to limit turnovers.

Last edited:
If he was so bad at shooting in high school, he must be all-world as a defender/running an offense if he was a 4* recruit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back