• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dachon Burke - Done > South Alabama > Textiles

Well, thanks Dachon. It's not been an easy road for anyone on that team this year, but I appreciate that he kept fighting. I think he can grad transfer if he wants, and that might be what he's working towards. I wish him the best.

While he has not closed the door on returning, he would be a grad transfer and eligible to play immediately at another school that might be a better fit for his skills. At 170 lbs he had difficulty finishing at the rim (as did several others); the Big Ten may not have been the best place for him.

Here are some salient quotes I found elsewhere that I thought worth repeating:

Best wishes to Dachon. Hope he graduates as planned and continues to remember Nebraska fondly. Provided quite a few of the bright spots in this dismal year.
When he got HOT, he was fun to watch. Almost won the game @ Indiana by himself.
a tough road for Burke because the guy who recruited him got fired and all of a sudden he's a dribble-drive player in a non-dribble drive system.

Last edited:
He's quicker than sin ... Wisconsin couldn't keep in front of him during the game in Madison.

Was expected.

Coach H. will find a very suitable replacement. I'm expecting a hard nosed high quality addition to the team.

I liked Dachon's effort when he was engaged, but it seemed like he had to be poked to really go after it.

I wonder if he couldn't have found a better landing place than South Alabama. I wish him the best there.

Dachon Burke - Done > South Alabama > NBA Draft > TEXTILES

I wonder if his store in Lincoln is open now. :nod:

Dburkearchives is made to be “one of a kind,” with pieces designed by Burke and others being sold at his shop. He considers himself a very fashionable person, and believes his brand can truly become something special.

“I love vintage,” Burke said. “That's a part of my closet, so like I’m combining old school with new school, you know, just keeping it balanced.”

Burke still has hopes of playing professional basketball eventually, but is focused on his clothing brand for now. Set to open his in-person shop in Lincoln sometime in November, Burke has his plate full handling his business online while also finishing up renovations.

“Why not go all in and put it in Nebraska? I went to school here, I still love the fans, I still love the state, and to have graduated from here too, I love Nebraska man,” Burke said.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back