• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Dachon Burke - Done > South Alabama

HuSkaBob

Husker Geek
5 Year Member
Well, thanks Dachon. It's not been an easy road for anyone on that team this year, but I appreciate that he kept fighting. I think he can grad transfer if he wants, and that might be what he's working towards. I wish him the best.

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
5 Year Member
While he has not closed the door on returning, he would be a grad transfer and eligible to play immediately at another school that might be a better fit for his skills. At 170 lbs he had difficulty finishing at the rim (as did several others); the Big Ten may not have been the best place for him.

Here are some salient quotes I found elsewhere that I thought worth repeating:

Best wishes to Dachon. Hope he graduates as planned and continues to remember Nebraska fondly. Provided quite a few of the bright spots in this dismal year.
When he got HOT, he was fun to watch. Almost won the game @ Indiana by himself.
a tough road for Burke because the guy who recruited him got fired and all of a sudden he's a dribble-drive player in a non-dribble drive system.

Last edited:

wcbsas

All Big 10
15 Year Member
He's quicker than sin ... Wisconsin couldn't keep in front of him during the game in Madison.

BuffSurveyor

All American
10 Year Member
Was expected.

Coach H. will find a very suitable replacement. I'm expecting a hard nosed high quality addition to the team.

HuSkaBob

Husker Geek
5 Year Member
I liked Dachon's effort when he was engaged, but it seemed like he had to be poked to really go after it.

I wonder if he couldn't have found a better landing place than South Alabama. I wish him the best there.