• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dabo says "we're the best ever"!

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Really? I have a hard time believing that they are better than the '95 Huskers. I think somewhere I read that statistically, NU was better in points per play gained, allowed, etc, etc.

Best ever Clemson team. Best ever senior class with 55 wins. First team to win 15 games in a season. He may have been implying more between his ears- but the context seemed to say the former. If he goes before someone other than a Clemson crowd and declares it, not just profers it as a plausibility - I will join the beatdown.

If Trevor Lawrence and all his weapons continue to win, he may have that argument. That defensive line can arguably be the best ever. If Lawrence and Co. keep dominating, you could look back and say that was the greatest team assembled.

Last edited:

If Trevor Lawrence and all his weapons continue to win, he may have that argument. That defensive line can arguably be the best ever. If Lawrence and Co. keep dominating, you could look back and say that was the greatest team assembled.

I think he lost 3/4's of the d line from this year, so they'll likely take at minimum a small step back. They're loaded with quality kids, but that bunch was something else.

Are you sure that is exactly what he said?

In the OWH this AM.
Best ever Clemson team. Best ever senior class with 55 wins. First team to win 15 games in a season. He may have been implying more between his ears- but the context seemed to say the former. If he goes before someone other than a Clemson crowd and declares it, not just profers it as a plausibility - I will join the beatdown.

Uh, NU went , 60 - 3 from 1993 - 1997, 108-16-1 for the decade of the 90's, played for 4 nattys in 5 years, winning 3 including back to back in 94 and 95.

Last edited:
I think he lost 3/4's of the d line from this year, so they'll likely take at minimum a small step back. They're loaded with quality kids, but that bunch was something else.
I actually thought it could be that all 4 are going to the draft, not sure. Your point stands though. What will be scary is their two WRs and RB, that should all be 1st/2nd round picks are coming back. Along with Lawrence, a sure lock 1st overall pick barring something crazy. I fear only Alabama has a chance to stop them.

Vegas is funny, 25-1 odds for our Huskers to win it all. I think it’s closer to 1,000,000-1

I actually thought it could be that all 4 are going to the draft, not sure. Your point stands though. What will be scary is their two WRs and RB, that should all be 1st/2nd round picks are coming back. Along with Lawrence, a sure lock 1st overall pick barring something crazy. I fear only Alabama has a chance to stop them.

Vegas is funny, 25-1 odds for our Huskers to win it all. I think it’s closer to 1,000,000-1

I had only heard of three, but I'll find out. My kid goes to Clemson and lifts with some of the players.

They've got an embarrassment of riches across the board. Trevor Lawrence will be there at least two more years barring injury and the number of quality underclassmen they've got is sick. Thing is, they can only put 11 on the field at a time. They have a run of bad luck and an opponent has a run of good luck and you never know. Alabama is closest on paper, but I'm sure Clemson will have some close calls to inferior teams next fall. It's kind of a given that teams can't be 100% on their game every week.

Yeah, if we're talking 2020 or 2021, I might bite on the 25-1. Next year has to be 100-1 - ish.

I had only heard of three, but I'll find out. My kid goes to Clemson and lifts with some of the players.

They've got an embarrassment of riches across the board. Trevor Lawrence will be there at least two more years barring injury and the number of quality underclassmen they've got is sick. Thing is, they can only put 11 on the field at a time. They have a run of bad luck and an opponent has a run of good luck and you never know. Alabama is closest on paper, but I'm sure Clemson will have some close calls to inferior teams next fall. It's kind of a given that teams can't be 100% on their game every week.

Yeah, if we're talking 2020 or 2021, I might bite on the 25-1. Next year has to be 100-1 - ish.
Nice, so you probably have more knowledge than me about Clemson. I could see A&M possibly upsetting them, but with Miami and FSU down the ACC is WEAK. I do expect a few close ones.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back