• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

D Daniels

OK to sum this thing up. DD is a stud in the making. He's a little chubby and a lot a beast. He gets winded, so he has to rotate out a bit. You cant expect him to be as ripped now as he will be in a couple years. He is already tearing it up and will be all-world before he leaves DONU. Half of us are idiots and the other half are egotist. I think I am both. Lets move on and enjoy the ride. GBR

Last edited:
We fans are SO SPOILED.....
O-lineman at DONU always were given 2-3 years to develop mentally and physically to face the rigors of major college football.

Kids like Daniels would not have seen the field until two years of S&C in the heydays of Husker Football so this issue would have never come up. John Dutton was second string when the Huskers were dominant. Think of that, an All Pro D lineman for the Cowboys but we were so good then that he couldn't get a start.

Now we are so thin in talent that we need Daniels to give us 20-30 snaps a game when he doesn't have that in him developmentally, and we blame him? That's just silly of us. (PS: Not you personally ***, fans in general).

Scott has a 7 year contract to allow him to hang on till Husker Power gives him that kind of development of players (plus his staff can recruit players), and then and only then can we get back to offensive and defensive lines that look like Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Alabama.

It's coming, I may not be alive to see it, but its coming.
If by spoiled, you mean 20 years ago, I would agree with your statement. Nebraska has had average to below average depth and development in their football program for a long time. Many of the problems we see on the field are the result of playing kids that aren't physically & mentally ready for the rigors of the Big 10 yet. The Scott Frost project will take 3-4 years to start seeing the type of results many of us hoped to see.

If by spoiled, you mean 20 years ago, I would agree with your statement. Nebraska has had average to below average depth and development in their football program for a long time. Many of the problems we see on the field are the result of playing kids that aren't physically & mentally ready for the rigors of the Big 10 yet. The Scott Frost project will take 3-4 years to start seeing the type of results many of us hoped to see.
Stop saying 3-4 years. I get it already that some things may take more time than others. We are already seeing some results on the field. If you think people are not patient and all the 3-4 year stuff is to get them to stop being critical now, that is a flawed idea. We need critical dialog now to feed the deep thinkers. It may not help at all, but neither does burying your head in the sand for 3-4 years.

I agree that the team has not been what we want for quite some time. And it took several brilliant minds several years to tear it down so effectively. When you say 'start seeing the type of results' you must be talking about conference championships and playoff berths, because that is what I expect to see in 3-4 years. I'll admit I hoped for 8-4 this year and I am finding out how far off I was, but I dont expect to wait 3-4 years before I see any progress. I see the progress already and want to continue to see growth through out this season. Dont you?

Edit: admittedly I have lost track of who is saying stuff about being spoiled and needing to wait 3-4 years, so if I have offended anybody, i apologize.

Last edited:
Stop saying 3-4 years. I get it already that some things may take more time than others. We are already seeing some results on the field. If you think people are not patient and all the 3-4 year stuff is to get them to stop being critical now, that is a flawed idea. We need critical dialog now to feed the deep thinkers. It may not help at all, but neither does burying your head in the sand for 3-4 years.

I agree that the team has not been what we want for quite some time. And it took several brilliant minds several years to tear it down so effectively. When you say 'start seeing the type of results' you must be talking about conference championships and playoff berths, because that is what I expect to see in 3-4 years. I'll admit I hoped for 8-4 this year and I am finding out how far off I was, but I dont expect to wait 3-4 years before I see any progress. I see the progress already and want to continue to see growth through out this season. Dont you?

Edit: admittedly I have lost track of who is saying stuff about being spoiled and needing to wait 3-4 years, so if I have offended anybody, i apologize.
My definition of "seeing results" is to play fundamentally sound football and be competitive in all of their games. They don't have to win conference championships in my mind to be successful in the early years. It's tiring watching Nebraska get physically manhandled. Why do I think it will take 3-4 years to see this type of improvement? The reason is their line of scrimmage play. Dave Rimington posted on twitter before the season that Nebraska would struggle until they started to get big strong lineman that could hold up against the Big 10 style of play. What I see with the Huskers right now is they are being pushed around at the line of scrimmage. I don't see that changing for a while. Thus the 3-4 year comment. Trust me, I'm a big fan and want them to play well right now. But I'm trying to be realistic with my expectations.

....Listening to DB this morning and he said coaches said Damion Daniels is really good 1st 10 snaps, good next 5 snaps then falls off (conditioning is bad- but he is working on). "

wish they'd save him for late in the 4th...

CD's roughing the passer really hurt :Banghead:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back