• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS .... only SEC and ACC teams

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
no surprise ....
  • Virginia
  • Tennessee
  • Kentucky
  • A&M (AD traitor)
  • Florida
  • Florida St.
  • North Carolina
  • North Carolina St. OR Georgia

Last edited:

North Carolina State won. Eliminate Georgia.
  • Virginia
  • Tennessee
  • Kentucky
  • A&M (AD traitor)
  • Florida
  • Florida St.
  • North Carolina
  • North Carolina St. OR Georgia

7 out of 8 CWS teams, #1 seeds in Super Regionals

Florida Gators ...... #3 seed both Super Regional and Regional. Beat OkieSt (#1),
Huskers (#2) and Niagara in regional tourney and then beat Clemson (#1) in super regional

Last edited:

The Big 10 has always been a bad baseball conference, with an occasional good team.
The Big 10 is not a “bad” Baseball conference….

It’s just not on the same level as the ACC, SEC (and maybe the Big 12 this year…. Without Texas and Oklahoma I think they become very mediocre) ACC and SEC are certainly a cut above everyone else, and that shows in the College World Series and the super regionals.

Pac 12 has slipped dramatically.

I can remember when Stanford was just outstanding and a couple years when Oregon State was just unstoppable.

What I think that is missing this year is this the representation from some of the really good smaller schools….. Cal State Fullerton…. Coastal Carolina…..etc.

I think this may be a trend.

The big money schools with the big NIL packages and will have now the ability to pay the best actual salaries to the players (with this latest Supreme Court decision.) are going to get even more of the top level talent.

Which may actually help the BiG become a better baseball conference.

Because if there’s one thing the Big Ten has……it’s money.

what bothers me is I’m just not sure if all this money is going to help college sports or simply drive people away to much less interest.

I have been a lifelong Husker fan, but I find all the money involved “uncomfortable” for me and I hate to say it, but I am less interested now than I was 10 years ago.

Maybe it’s age…..

Nothing I can do though, it is what it is….. it’s like a freight train, either jump on board or get run over by it.

Or…… ignore it all and do something else.

I’m finding I’m doing the “something else” more and more…..

Last edited:

It’s just not on the same level as the ACC, SEC (and maybe the Big 12 this year…. Without Texas and Oklahoma I think they become very mediocre) ACC and SEC are certainly a cut above everyone else, and that shows in the College World Series and the super regionals.

I can remember when Stanford was just outstanding and a couple years when Oregon State was just unstoppable.

What I think that is missing this year is this the representation from some of the really good smaller schools….. Cal State Fullerton…. Coastal Carolina…..etc.

The big money schools with the big NIL packages and will have now the ability to pay the best actual salaries to the players (with this latest Supreme Court decision.) are going to get even more of the top level talent.

what bothers me is I’m just not sure if all this money is going to help college sports or simply drive people away to much less interest.

I have been a lifelong Husker fan, but I find all the money involved “uncomfortable” for me and I hate to say it, but I am less interested now than I was 10 years ago.

Maybe it’s age…..

Nothing I can do though, it is what it is….. it’s like a freight train, either jump on board or get run over by it.

I'm a big fan ............. Badgers baseball !!! Undefeated this year. :p

Maybe it’s age…..

Yes it is, and I have plenty of history to back that.. but that is ok, we disagree. No big deal

Last edited:

Maybe it’s age…..

I agree about the money part...
so much for "amateur" sports!

Tennesse has 6 hitters with ice in their veins….VERY calm

VERY patient…

they wait for the pitch they can hit….and hit it…that simple.

They were TREMENDOUS last night and the FSU pitching was GOOD!

I will say this….. I thought the Tennessee kid went around on the swing and I bet if the swing is totally analyzed (which the network absolutely avoided doing)….. he went around

Now…as much as I like coach O’Connor at UVA.

Someone please tell me why he had his pitcher pitch to one of the best clutch hitters in college baseball with first base unoccupied and the game on the line.

”Never let the best player beat you.”

Shades of us pitching to that Florida kid when we absolutely did not need to.

Tennessee has 6 hitters with ice in their veins….VERY calm

VERY patient…

they wait for the pitch they can hit….and hit it…that simple.

They were TREMENDOUS last night and the FSU pitching was GOOD!

I will say this….. I thought the Tennessee kid went around on the swing and I bet if the swing is totally analyzed (which the network absolutely avoided doing)….. he went around

Now…as much as I like coach O’Connor at UVA.

Someone please tell me why he had his pitcher pitch to one of the best clutch hitters in college baseball with first base unoccupied and the game on the line.

”Never let the best player beat you.”

Shades of us pitching to that Florida kid when we absolutely did not need to.
I agree with all of this, except the pitching. Hello? 31 hits (17 for Tennessee) 23 runs .... along with 5 errors! Wow, not the best pitching, but totally entertaining, John! ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back