• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS Ongoing thread for comments

When one of the most dominating conference champs in sports history has an early exit, yet the championship game still matches up two other teams from the same conference ... all you can say is the SEC is KING. Best conference in baseball by far -- best conference in sports.

SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

Bow down to greatness, little people. :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

When one of the most dominating conference champs in sports history has an early exit, yet the championship game still matches up two other teams from the same conference ... all you can say is the SEC is KING. Best conference in baseball by far -- best conference in sports.

SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

JMatlock, is that you? :Lol:

SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

What are you on???
settle down, man!!
Tell us how u honestly feel, ok???? :Hooray:

Tuned into 1620 to put game on. I don't know who this one dude is but I can't take him. Hope he's not a new regular and gonna be around for football. My gosh, he's awful. Will check back when game really starts, hope he's gone.

It looks like vandy's gonna take it
They have too much backup pitching
Will Bednar pitch a day early?
Only the shadow knows ;)

Although it was a SEC team, and we didn't get to go farther, glad MSU got their 1st championship. This forum renewed my interest in baseball and that's a good thing.

Anyways, it crossed my mind last night that baseball seems very limited when it comes to "letting up" on a team. Like in football, if a team gets way ahead, they start putting in 2nd and 3rd string players across the board, including the QB. Partly to give experience but also it's not considered good sportsmanship to run up the score, I gather.

My understanding is you can't change the line up order in baseball except for the pinch hitter. So the sole option to lay off a bit is just changing out the pitcher. I don't care about 9-0 in a championship game, but some of those 26-2 like scenarios. It seems like it's in the structure of the rules and that's just how it is so nobody gives push back for "running up" the score.

It was just an interesting thought to me. There are probably nuances I'm not aware of...hehe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back