• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CWS news 3.16.21***May10 update***

lincoln84

All Legend
10 Year Member
Season ticket holders were told today that no decision has been made on ticket renewals. They said they are awaiting guidelines from the NCAA as to seating limits and that no decision will be made until after the basketball tourney. It also stated that season ticket holders might not sit in their normal seats. That tells me they are at least expecting a reduction in capacity.

The good news is that they are waiting to announce. They cancelled this last year right around St. Patty’s Day. So I think it will happen, but likely not a full house. The tailgating rules will be key as well. They were clear that the NCAA will be making these decisions, not the city, state or MECA.

I'm interested to see what happens with our tickets. Assuming it's not full capacity, will we get the option of selecting dates? Or possibly tiering our preferences for games? I've had some questions/issues over the life of our tickets of the last 30+ years and have always found that the folks at CWS Omaha work hard to help the fans get what they want. It wouldn't surprise me if they've got a few plans waiting in the wings, depending on what they get told is the capacity.

There are a lot of out-of-town folks who used to sit by us back when it was in Rosenblatt and most of them still make the trip up for part of the Series. I would imagine that CWS Omaha will have some system in place so they don't get thrown the Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Championship Tuesday tickets. I'm glad it's not me having to figure that all out.

The PHX Suns are planning on having some fans at games and splitting the seating to vaccinated and not vaccinated. I suppose they will split sides of the arena.

If the CWS has stated you may not sit in your regular seats, they are going to likely spread people out. I don’t know how many season ticket holders they have though...I was hoping that season ticket holders would get all games but maybe not. They certainly have the whole GA section but I wouldn’t want to sit out there.

It will be interesting.

The PHX Suns are planning on having some fans at games and splitting the seating to vaccinated and not vaccinated. I suppose they will split sides of the arena.

If the CWS has stated you may not sit in your regular seats, they are going to likely spread people out. I don’t know how many season ticket holders they have though...I was hoping that season ticket holders would get all games but maybe not. They certainly have the whole GA section but I wouldn’t want to sit out there.

It will be interesting.

I'm okay with them giving me half the games or something like that, assuming they only charge me for the tickets I get and keep me in the area of my usual seats, but if they stick me in the outfield and call them my "season tickets", I'm going to be seriously hacked off.

Last edited:
I'm okay with them giving me half the games or something like that, assuming they only charge me for the tickets I get and keep me in the area of my usual seats, but if they stick me in the outfield and call them my "season tickets", I'm going to be seriously hacked off.
I doubt they would do that. Probably will move people every other row or something. I am on third base. I would expect to stay in that general area. But I do have aisle seats and looove that. Seats 1-4,

I am happy this looks to be happening. I really didn’t think it would but those vaccinations are happening quickly.

I doubt they would do that. Probably will move people every other row or something. I am on third base. I would expect to stay in that general area. But I do have aisle seats and looove that. Seats 1-4,

I am happy this looks to be happening. I really didn’t think it would but those vaccinations are happening quickly.

I wouldn't think so, either. As I said earlier, the CWS Omaha people have always seemed to work hard to make the fan experience a good one. The simplest solution would seem to be to decide which seats are occupy-able, tape the rest off and then rotate the ticket holders through somehow. I'm okay with whatever games I get as it's only an hour and some to the ballpark from home, if we don't get a full slate, but I hope the folks from farther away get the opportunity to go to Omaha for a few days and get in all their games. I assume the powers that be are thinking in terms of hotel and restaurant receipts, in addition to the games themselves, so I'd be surprised if that's not in the works.

We're on the 1st base side, a lot further into the outfield than we were in Rosenblatt, but we're in the shade halfway through the first afternoon game, so I'm very happy to be there.

I wouldn't think so, either. As I said earlier, the CWS Omaha people have always seemed to work hard to make the fan experience a good one. The simplest solution would seem to be to decide which seats are occupy-able, tape the rest off and then rotate the ticket holders through somehow. I'm okay with whatever games I get as it's only an hour and some to the ballpark from home, if we don't get a full slate, but I hope the folks from farther away get the opportunity to go to Omaha for a few days and get in all their games. I assume the powers that be are thinking in terms of hotel and restaurant receipts, in addition to the games themselves, so I'd be surprised if that's not in the works.

We're on the 1st base side, a lot further into the outfield than we were in Rosenblatt, but we're in the shade halfway through the first afternoon game, so I'm very happy to be there.
Satisfaction will all depend on if the CWS group in Omaha get to have some input or if it all 100% decided by the NCAA

Jack Diesing already said he wants 100% attendance or he will be pissed. I know Omaha wants it all—-but yes the NCAA will have their say. I just hope they don’t make a decision too soon.

Last edited:
From today's email . . .

Here's a quick recap of what we've shared with you through previous correspondence:
  • All 2021 tickets will be digital.
  • Concessions inside the stadium will be cashless. Only credit cards and debit cards will be accepted. Reverse ATMs - also called Cash 2 Card machines - will allow fans to insert cash and get a card in return.
  • If for any reason you do not wish to attend the 2021 CWS, you may "opt-out" and still sit in the same seats and retain your seniority for 2022.
Here are some new details about the 2021 CWS:
  • Masks will be required while navigating the ballpark or in your seats, unless actively eating or drinking.
  • Dependent on final capacity restrictions, fans from different households may be seated next to each other.

I cannot wait for CWS. This was the most gut wrenching event loss for me from 2020. That, and my Stones tickets.

Heard a rumor they are announcing CWS at 50% capacity...that also sucks if true.
***All spring championships will be 50%***

Last edited:
So masks are required at CWS. That will suck but it’s better than nothing.

My wife postulated that will limit the attendance straight out because "no one wants those tan lines". After years of being baked to a crisp, I conceded that she may not be wrong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back