• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Curt Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Could Curt Evans be the next recruit N? Does anyone have video? What does RED REIGN say? We need a few receivers.:rolleyes:

I'm not Red, but I think we have a decent chance with him since we are in his final five. We will be one of his four visits so that helps. NU, Vandy, Duke, and WV ans USF. Seeing that list tells you the importance he places on education.

If football were the #1 reason he was going to college, we would be in the lead.....education is big for this young man thus we trail Vandy and Duke. I think that along with location hurts us in the end.

Has to be some reason Nebraska is among his favorites. Does anyone have video? Will he visit soon?

He loves Nebraska football and has a great realtionship with the coaches.....will visit during the season....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KffnGA2VsyA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KffnGA2VsyA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Has to be some reason Nebraska is among his favorites. Does anyone have video? Will he visit soon?

Is the punter for the orange/black team double as a d-lineman? :)

How good of competition is he facing in these videos? A number of them just look really slow or lack the ability to tackle.

Wide Receiver
Hollywood, Florida
Chaminade Madonna
Ht:6'0"
Wt:173 lbs
GPA:3.5
Class:2011 (High School)

Had 27 scholarship offer's before trimming it to the final 5....turned down some big time schools....

Plays in Division 2B at Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory School

http://www.maxpreps.com/division/fl...nQ/football-fall-09/standings-division-2b.htm

His school went 12-1 in 2009.....

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...e-madonna-lions/football-fall-09/schedule.htm

And its a Catholic Prep School....

http://www.cmlions.org/s/315/home.aspx

Article on the 2010 team.....sounds like a helluva program....

Chaminade-Madonna: Football on the rise again

South Florida Sun-Sentinel
June 14, 2010

HOLLYWOOD — Tim Tyrell has always built his defense around speed and this year's squad will be no different.

"We're never very big. Last year people would laugh when they saw our defensive front, there wasn't anyone over 180 pounds, but these guys are quick and they get to the ball in a hurry," the third-year Chaminade-Madonna football coach said. "This is South Florida, everybody down here is fast, for us it's just a matter of the kids buying into the system. We like to play speed with speed."

Last season it was the Lions who usually had the last laugh as they posted six shutouts before finally falling in a 7-6 struggle with Tampa Catholic in a Class 2B state semifinal game. They finished the season 12-1.

The Lions graduated 19 seniors last season, including linebacker Ruben Narcisse (44 tackles, six sacks and three blocked punts) one of the county's best.

Tyrell will be looking to senior linebacker Kevin Galvez to fill that void, and so far this spring he's "really stepped up" in doing just that.

Tyrell also expects more big things from Curt Evans (6-0, 175, WR/DB) and Chris Washington, a sophomore defensive back who's had a "really good spring." Washington saw some varsity time last year after performing well on the JV squad.

Other secondary standouts include Mike DeSanti (5-11, 170) and Brian Cooney (5-11, 160).

On offense, the Lions will be led by senior quarterback Jerrard Randall, who was named Second Team All State after passing for 1,593 yards and rushing for 1,074 while scoring 37 total touchdowns (19 rushing, 18 passing).

Randall should have some nice targets in Evans (643 yards and 11 TDs last year) and senior Jonathan Aiken (5-11, 180).

Tyrell said Randall's hard work from a mental standpoint is what truly separates him from other quarterbacks in the state.

"He studies the game as a quarterback a lot more than people think. He loves film work, and he's always going over coverages with his quarterback coach, always trying to get better," Tyrell said.

Randall has received offers from Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State and LSU and is rated the fourth best quarterback in the state (39th best athlete overall) on Florida High School Football's Super 75 list.

He is also a finalist for the Steve Clarkson Super Seven quarterback academy, an elite camp in which the seven best high school quarterbacks in the nation participate.

Tyrell has also had his team start a new workout regimen with Pete Bommarito, who's trained former Chaminade and UM standout linebacker Jon Beason and former Miami Dolphin, Zach Thomas.

"That's been great for the kids, learning this different style of working out from a guy who usually works with NFL guys," Tyrell said.

But does Chaminade have enough to make another run to states?

"The goal is to improve upon last year. It takes a lot of luck to get back there," Tyrell said. "If we can stay healthy and just get through the season, who knows? We hope we'll be playing at a state championship level, but we're still just trying to get through the summer and two-a-days. We've still got a long way to go."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/fl-cham-foot-0614,0,1411052.story

Is the punter for the orange/black team double as a d-lineman? :)

How good of competition is he facing in these videos? A number of them just look really slow or lack the ability to tackle.

Last edited:
Wow I hope Nebraska's academics impress him. Is anyone else impressed with his QB? How about the last play on the tape?

Jerrard Randall comitted to Oregon...recruted by Scott Frost...all Huskers recognize talent.

If you are at Max's tailgate I'll be bringing Lager , Lager Light and Premium (hard to fine outside our area). Has anyone ever tried Yuengling Black & Tan?

I really like this Randall Oregon's found itself a great young talent . Wish we had Scott Frost on the Husker staff.

If you are at Max's tailgate I'll be bringing Lager , Lager Light and Premium (hard to fine outside our area). Has anyone ever tried Yuengling Black & Tan?

I really like this Randall Oregon's found itself a great young talent . Wish we had Scott Frost on the Husker staff.

Which game? They only had the Lager, so I couldn't try the Black & Tan... What two beers are combined to make the Black & Tan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back