• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CU Board of Regents calls Special Meeting for March 8th.

In a weird way, the Big 12 might indeed be the most stable conference. There’s certainly a lot of grumbling amongst the ACC and Pac 12. Let’s see how the B1G and SEC members are getting along in a few years, when all of these t-shirt fan programs figure out they can’t be top dog further. I predict it won’t sit well.

Last edited:

In a weird way, the Big 12 might indeed be the most stable conference. There’s certainly a lot of grumbling amongst the ACC and Pac 12. Let’s see how the B1G and SEC members are getting along in a few years, when all of these t-shirt fan programs figure out they can’t be top dog further. I predict it won’t sit well.
It just may end up purifying the fanbase, less band wagonners unless of course they're in it.

It just may end up purifying the fanbase, less band wagonners unless of course they're in it.

You are absolutely right. And the end result of reduced casual fan interest will be significantly fewer viewers, resulting in fewer media dollars. Putting your basket of apples at risk by reaching for another one or two.

We are approaching that point.

You are absolutely right. And the end result of reduced casual fan interest will be significantly fewer viewers, resulting in fewer media dollars. Putting your basket of apples at risk by reaching for another one or two.

We are approaching that point.
And we just may go back to what it was vs how its perceived, promoted and hyped today.
I think TV keeps us informed better, gives us more overall, but has failed to capture the core of the sport as it hyped its way away from it.

This can and likely will lead to greater viewer ship imo, if TV can get out of its own way.

Silly question, did they decide something?

According to a couple of sources, there was a unanimous “straw vote” to leave the PAC 12 for the Big 12, although 1) the Big 12 has not made any invitations, and 2) the PAC 12 is still working to get a better media package to their schools.

The issue now isn’t just the dollars, but the fact that the PAC will have most of its games streaming; ESPN is offering the PAC only one game per weekend.

And it is assumed, erroneously, that the Big 12 wants any P5 school it can grab. My hunch is that the Big 12 wants Arizona or San Diego State, and Colorado.

My sense is that CU is going to be offered by the Big 12 with a full share, AZ will be offered at a full share, and if they don’t bite, SDSU at a reduced share.

I don’t know that the Big 12 is really pursuing any other PAC 12 schools. I don’t see the Big 12 even flirting with UW, UO, Oregon State, WSU, Stanford, or Cal. Different culture. I suppose ASU and Utah are possibilities, though the Utah AD seems to be vehemently denying any interest, to the point of potentially burning some bridges that he should not.

I expect no movement until after the NCAA tournament unless something is leaked.

Last edited:
According to a couple of sources, there was a unanimous “straw vote” to leave the PAC 12 for the Big 12, although 1) the Big 12 has not made any invitations, and 2) the PAC 12 is still working to get a better media package to their schools.

The issue now isn’t just the dollars, but the fact that the PAC will have most of its games streaming; ESPN is offering the PAC only one game per weekend.

And it is assumed, erroneously, that the Big 12 wants any P5 school it can grab. My hunch is that the Big 12 wants Arizona or San Diego State, and Colorado.

My sense is that CU is going to be offered by the Big 12 with a full share, AZ will be offered at a full share, and if they don’t bite, SDSU at a reduced share.

I don’t know that the Big 12 is really pursuing any other PAC 12 schools. I don’t see the Big 12 even flirting with UW, UO, Oregon State, WSU, Stanford, or Cal. Different culture. I suppose ASU and Utah are possibilities, though the Utah AD seems to be vehemently denying any interest, to the point of potentially burning some bridges that he should not.

I expect no movement until after the NCAA tournament unless something is leaked.

Can you imagine CU returning to the Big 12 with its tail between its legs, barely more than a decade after thumbing their collective nose at that same conference? :Rolf:

I hope it happens.

So, CU has had 30 players enter the transfer portal? Not surprised.. DS needs his guys, and he seems to demand more than what the current players are used to.. and we all know how sensitive players can be today! He yelled at me, I am leaving, or I have to compete, it isn't promised to me? I'm leaving!

So, CU has had 30 players enter the transfer portal? Not surprised.. DS needs his guys, and he seems to demand more than what the current players are used to.. and we all know how sensitive players can be today! He yelled at me, I am leaving, or I have to compete, it isn't promised to me? I'm leaving!
I’m guessing we will be approaching that number too by the time we are done and for the same reasons. Culture change. When you have a combined 5-19 record from the previous year and 24-46 combined records from your previous coaches it’s safe to say a culture change is needed. Many players have the needed culture already in their DNA but need a staff to extract it. Some just do t have it and will move on. Sometimes involuntary.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back