• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

crootin' Iowa

Kwajsker

Scout Team
I would not have believed it if someone had told me that by 2020 a major area of recruiting focus will be... Iowa.

Yet, I keep seeing kids there getting offers, picking up CBs to Nebraska, and being top targets. The 500 mile radius is important, but 500 miles is a long, long, long ways away. I am thrilled to see us targeting kids in border states more than I am excited about a 500 mile radius kid. I see writers talk about the all important 500 mile radius, but I think it is mythical. Border states is a much more proximal, accessible, and sustainable approach, I think. Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, South Dakota, and 99.9% of Nebraska kids (they won't all pick NU every year). We certainly could pull a majority of this class from the border states.

I sure hope we win a lot of these battles in Iowa and keep going after those kids going forward. Is this just a one year thing, or will we see it continue?

I would not have believed it if someone had told me that by 2020 a major area of recruiting focus will be... Iowa.

Yet, I keep seeing kids there getting offers, picking up CBs to Nebraska, and being top targets. The 500 mile radius is important, but 500 miles is a long, long, long ways away. I am thrilled to see us targeting kids in border states more than I am excited about a 500 mile radius kid. I see writers talk about the all important 500 mile radius, but I think it is mythical. Border states is a much more proximal, accessible, and sustainable approach, I think. Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, South Dakota, and 99.9% of Nebraska kids (they won't all pick NU every year). We certainly could pull a majority of this class from the border states.

I sure hope we win a lot of these battles in Iowa and keep going after those kids going forward. Is this just a one year thing, or will we see it continue?
Every state you mentioned is within the 500 mile radius. Although 500 miles is a very, very, very long ways it doesn't go hardly any further than the states you mentioned.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back