• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CREIGHTON THREAD 2018-2019

Let’s hope that the NU S&C is working as good on the football team as it appears to be working with basketball. NU looked stout across the board compared to Creighton.

I haven't read the rest of this thread but wanted to say I really liked this:

1) Thomas Allen assertiveness
2) Overall hustle
3) Home crowd becoming a force

And I really want to know what Miles and McDermott were saying to each other.

Let’s hope that the NU S&C is working as good on the football team as it appears to be working with basketball. NU looked stout across the board compared to Creighton.

I think Nebraska hoops have been really strong in that department for a few years now. We seem to have good cardio and our players look good. What they did to Jacobson, Roby, and Tanner really stand out. Tai as well.

I think Nebraska hoops have been really strong in that department for a few years now. We seem to have good cardio and our players look good. What they did to Jacobson, Roby, and Tanner really stand out. Tai as well.
Creighton should take note. They could use the physical presence around the boards. Congratulations to Nebraska. It hurts to say this but both programs needed that game!

Creighton should take note. They could use the physical presence around the boards. Congratulations to Nebraska. It hurts to say this but both programs needed that game!
Creighton has never been that team that intimidates coming off the bus. Mac has decided to build this team a certain way and he has obviously had some success with it....what amounts to 4 guard line ups and a center/forward. To me that isn't recipe for success in March. It does work both ways though...it creates problems defensively for the opposition as well as for the Jays. Mac obviously believes the trade-off most times is to cu's benefit. And the overall record affirms that. But the record in March confirms the other way.

McDermott has managed to make CU a consistent national player - no one is surprised when Creighton wins a game or makes the tournament. It's not perfect, but it seems to work. Compare with other local programs. ;)

Creighton has never been that team that intimidates coming off the bus. Mac has decided to build this team a certain way and he has obviously had some success with it....what amounts to 4 guard line ups and a center/forward. To me that isn't recipe for success in March. It does work both ways though...it creates problems defensively for the opposition as well as for the Jays. Mac obviously believes the trade-off most times is to cu's benefit. And the overall record affirms that. But the record in March confirms the other way.
Agree. Dana Altman was similar in style as well but seems to finally be hitting a different cylinder up at Oregon. I like to win like everyone else so my observation, not necessarily a criticism, is that the S&C program at Creighton has different objectives then Nebraska's program. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that Creighton doesn't have any violent programs like football. Creighton is young so we will see how things shake out in the next couple years.

Been moving all weekend so didn't go to the Green Bay game. I did take a break to watch it though. CU was mediocre most of the night but played about 10 minutes of good ball to pull away and eventually win by 20 or so.

Ballock picked up where he left off with 19 points. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
Alexander with 17.

Mintz was a non factor in 22 minutes. Totally out played by Zegarowski. Again.

Christian Bishop played in the first half for the first time I think. I can't figure out what Mac is doing with this kid. He is NOT a center but that's basically where he is playing. 4th behind Kramplj, Epperson and Froehling. I can't believe he can't find a way to get this kid on the court with one of those guys 5 or 10 min. a game. If I'm him and the coaches are telling me my future is at the 5 I'm probably out. I don't know...maybe he's still growing and will be a Patton...he looks taller than he is with the Roby-like hair. We shall see.

OU up next on the road. Kinda need that one now b/c I don't think Clemson is going to hold up as a quality OOC win.

Been moving all weekend so didn't go to the Green Bay game. I did take a break to watch it though. CU was mediocre most of the night but played about 10 minutes of good ball to pull away and eventually win by 20 or so.

Ballock picked up where he left off with 19 points. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
Alexander with 17.

Mintz was a non factor in 22 minutes. Totally out played by Zegarowski. Again.

Christian Bishop played in the first half for the first time I think. I can't figure out what Mac is doing with this kid. He is NOT a center but that's basically where he is playing. 4th behind Kramplj, Epperson and Froehling. I can't believe he can't find a way to get this kid on the court with one of those guys 5 or 10 min. a game. If I'm him and the coaches are telling me my future is at the 5 I'm probably out. I don't know...maybe he's still growing and will be a Patton...he looks taller than he is with the Roby-like hair. We shall see.

OU up next on the road. Kinda need that one now b/c I don't think Clemson is going to hold up as a quality OOC win.

OU seems to be playing really well right now. We have back to back road games coming up. At Northwestern and at Kansas. I’ll be happy with a split in the two games.

OU seems to be playing really well right now. We have back to back road games coming up. At Northwestern and at Kansas. I’ll be happy with a split in the two games.

Pretty dismal performance from Creighton tonight. 18 turnovers...lots of them soft, missed first 12 3s....lots of good looks, 3-21 from Alexander and Ballock, 5-14 from the line....just pathetic, 10 assists. Just a dreadful showing.

Only 2 guys showed up...kramplj and Jefferson. The rest were just blah.

Christian Bishop enters in the first half....makes a sweet move for a bucket and then spent the rest of the night on the side of a milk carton. Why? Because Kramplj was having a hood game and Mac has a rule of only one guy on the court over 6'5"...unless you shoot 3s at 40%+. You'd think anyway.

This team is circling the drain IMO. The Caymen tourney was fool's gold as Clemson probably isn't that good. The lackluster effort v. NU and then tonight. Piss poor. If this was the Big East of the past few years they'd be staring a losing record in the face. As it is they'll be lucky to go 8-10 at this point.

By the way....what's with your fans? I get that there are probably no students around but that places sounded like a mausoleum and looked empty. Odd for a team trending up and basically ranked.

By the way....what's with your fans? I get that there are probably no students around but that places sounded like a mausoleum and looked empty. Odd for a team trending up and basically ranked.

Typical OU basketball crowd. :Bananalazy:

Crowds were never overflowing but the Thunder have put a crimp in us and osu attendance wise.

Last edited:
Typical OU basketball crowd. :Bananalazy:

Crowds were never overflowing but the Thunder have put a crimp in us and osu attendance wise.
Back when I watched more big 12 bball I do recall OSU having some great home court atmosphere but thinking back on it OU never seemed like a real harsh environment. Is it an arena configuration thing?

Back when I watched more big 12 bball I do recall OSU having some great home court atmosphere but thinking back on it OU never seemed like a real harsh environment. Is it an arena configuration thing?

Osu had a Cameron Indoor Stadium like arena until the late 90’s or early 00’s. They went from roughly 6,000 to 13,000 and totally lost the mystic. That and the fact ever since Eddie Sutton ran into the lady while driving drunk to catch the team plane their fortunes have gone downhill. Eddie is looking really bad. He lost his wife a few years back and the years of drinking look like they have taken a toll on him. Also the plane crash that killed several players and support staff on the way back from Boulder was always weighing on him. I don’t like osu but always liked Eddie.

The LNC was built for concerts and basketball and isn’t great for either. Back in the Billy Tubbs/Kelvin Sampson days it was a rocking arena. Blake Griffin filled the place as did Trae Young but all in all a majority of our fans care about football and that’s it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back