• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton coach McDermott apologized

I saw this last night and I was a little stunned at what in the world he was thinking when he used that “analogy” phrase etc..

It’s a head scratcher for sure.

The cancel culture mob has already grabbed their torches and pitchforks and I’m not a fan of that in general for sure, but man I’m lost on what he was trying to get across to his team here....

I'm not a fan of Creighton and what he said was stupid. At the same time, this is a guy with a long history of coaching and, at least as far I know, there's never been a hint of an issue with him in this area. Unless there's more to the story than what is on the surface, you'd like to think that decades of consistent action/words would be more than enough to counterbalance the two or three seconds of bad judgment it took to make that comment.

Last edited:

I saw this last night and I was a little stunned at what in the world he was thinking when he used that “analogy” phrase etc..

It’s a head scratcher for sure.

The cancel culture mob has already grabbed their torches and pitchforks and I’m not a fan of that in general for sure, but man I’m lost on what he was trying to get across to his team here....

I was thinking the exact same thing, from all accounts a good coach and a good guy, but what the heck was he thinking? Mistake for sure, but it doesn't sound like the team made much of it.

I was thinking the exact same thing, from all accounts a good coach and a good guy, but what the heck was he thinking? Mistake for sure, but it doesn't sound like the team made much of it.
If he said it in a closed locker room after the game, doesn't it mean the only reason it became a public thing is because someone on (or very close to) the team made it into something?

If he said it in a closed locker room after the game, doesn't it mean the only reason it became a public thing is because someone on (or very close to) the team made it into something?
I actually thought he (Coach) released an apology first before it actually became public, I might be wrong. If he did, probably pretty smart on his part to beat the mob to the punch.

If he was truly thinking about what he was saying, he would have asked his team to remain on the reservation.

Last edited:

Wow just Wow.... Not only does he say the word once but he doubled down and used it a second time In today’s cancel culture I would think he just Self-Cancelled himself!

1614797493566.gif

I actually thought he (Coach) released an apology first before it actually became public, I might be wrong. If he did, probably pretty smart on his part to beat the mob to the punch.
Not sure who was the first one to make a public statement, it may have been McDermott. But it had already involved the AD... and if the folks in the locker room weren't taking this to anyone else, there couldn't be a mob.

Agreed it was probably a good PR move for him to be proactive, but him having to do that also gives away that someone else thought this was somehow scandalous.

It wouldn’t of leaked if everything was okay. Just a completely dumb thing to say but I don’t think he should lose his job over this. That said, I’d use this to recruit against him every chance I got.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back