• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton basketball 2019-2020

Another great win. Starting to sound like a broken record but three road wins against ranked teams...4-4 on the road in conference is beyond my expectation clearly.

Alexander was a beast in this game. Chased howard relentlessly and put in 22. Yuge.

Jays will be solid favorites in these last 3 games before they get SH at home...

I was completely surprised by this game. I figured the Jays would have a bit of a let down on the road against a sharp shooting team, but they played great D and just kept answering anything Marquette had. Tough, physical win. Ziggy was a beast too! and still getting timely baskets from the rest of the crew.

Offense was outstanding (made better by Butler's inability to figure out how to defend our screens/picks), and the defense was outstanding again.

Best game of the year for Bishop and Jones.

The crowd was pumped yesterday for good reason. CU now ranked 10. Could this finally be my Sweet Sixteen team?

Hated to give away my tickets to next weeks home games, but I'll be on a cruise. I hope I can see or at least listen to the games in the Bahamas!

They are playing well in all phases. Do they play to the competition in the next week or keep their game going?

As my posts above attest, I still keep expecting some kind of let down game or where shooters go cold for a stretch. It just wouldn't surprise me to see that this late in the season. They've remained hot for a mighty good stretch here. The kids are human.....you have to figure they'll be starting to look ahead..... and not at St. Johns or G-town.

As my posts above attest, I still keep expecting some kind of let down game or where shooters go cold for a stretch. It just wouldn't surprise me to see that this late in the season. They've remained hot for a mighty good stretch here. The kids are human.....you have to figure they'll be starting to look ahead..... and not at St. Johns or G-town.

I'm pretty hopeful they won't overlook those 2. They had a poor defensive performance (and great offensive performance) against St. Johns, and GT beat us on the road, so hopefully they stay focused - so I'm sure Mac has a ton of things to talk about around those teams ;)

On the positive side, the starters got rest this past week. On the negative side, it's a long, long season and St. Johns and GT certainly don't look like Seton Hall that's coming up!

Last edited:
I know. I’m right there with you on the let down expectations. I’m going to jinx us by saying this but it just seems like a different team as the season keeps trucking along. The team chemistry appears to be getting stronger. Their defense has been very consistent and stronger as the game progresses. Both transition O and D have been lights out and we aren’t beholden to 1 or 2 shooters to stay hot beyond 3 point line. I think Christian set his PR for scoring last game.

I will stop there because I’m wanting to write about something no Div 1 basketball team in the State of Nebraska has ever witnessed.

St. John's scares me more than G'Town if for no other reason than it's on the road. SJ sucks but all it takes is about 5-10 minutes of bad basketball and all of a sudden you're in deep sh--.

G'Town at home is less of a concern...although they have already beaten CU and they have some difficult match-ups.

Turns out I'm leaving town the day of the Seton Hall game. That it is possibly for the conference title is a massive gut punch. Obviously, when planning the trip I had no expectation that that game could mean what it might mean. Ugh.

St. John's scares me more than G'Town if for no other reason than it's on the road. SJ sucks but all it takes is about 5-10 minutes of bad basketball and all of a sudden you're in deep sh--.

G'Town at home is less of a concern...although they have already beaten CU and they have some difficult match-ups.

Turns out I'm leaving town the day of the Seton Hall game. That it is possibly for the conference title is a massive gut punch. Obviously, when planning the trip I had no expectation that that game could mean what it might mean. Ugh.

CU played some of their worst D against St. Johns this year -- while they were blowing them out on offense, it still concerning. Add in that it's an 11:00 Central game on the road and the fact that bigger games are coming up and it's right to be concerned.

Lot to play for though, and I like the guys on this roster and don't think they'll lose focus now

Providence takes down Nova. That means if CU can win out the title would be "shared" with SH (if they win out...tough one today at Marq) with CU taking a tie-break for the 1 seed in NYC.

Providence takes down Nova. That means if CU can win out the title would be "shared" with SH (if they win out...tough one today at Marq) with CU taking a tie-break for the 1 seed in NYC.

SH takes down Marquette.... agree SJ could be a problem the Jays are not ready to play tomorrow morning.

everyone was worried about this one for good reason. The week off is evident. Better pick up the defense in the 2nd.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back