• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creating Depth in 2021

Ha ha, it's all good. I think TE is arguably the best position on the team as far as depth, and I hope they take advantage of that next year. Split Fidone out wide and with Allen or Vokolek on the field.
Yep. And it has been for a couple years now. I'm actually surprised we didn't do more 2 TE sets since I was saying we should do it since 2019 and have been wrong both years. Tough for my ego.

Yea, Vokolek caught as many as Allen did in 2019, but in fewer games of course.
You have to count Toures 1500 yd season somehow, breaking Moss' record should get some recognition
Vokolek wasn't eligible in 2019.

I always reserve judgment for lower level guys moving up. Toure struggled against FBS competition. Great pickup you take every day of the week though.

Last edited:
Vokolek wasn't eligible in 2019.

I always reserve judgment for lower level guys moving up. Toure struggled against FBS competition. Great pickup you take every day of the week though.
Word is, his rs frosh year he started changing, then blew up.
Thats what his recruiting coach has said.
He grew 3 inches and put on some weight too

Word is, his rs frosh year he started changing, then blew up.
Thats what his recruiting coach has said.
He grew 3 inches and put on some weight too
No idea... i'm just going off his last year he played when he was an all-american.. Struggled against FBS competition. Again, you take him every day of the week, just reserving enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Yep. And it has been for a couple years now. I'm actually surprised we didn't do more 2 TE sets since I was saying we should do it since 2019 and have been wrong both years. Tough for my ego.

Maybe my recollection is off, but I felt last year we would see it in spurts, with Allen and either Vokolek or Stoll. And then poof, you wouldn't see it much the rest of the game.

Maybe my recollection is off, but I felt last year we would see it in spurts, with Allen and either Vokolek or Stoll. And then poof, you wouldn't see it much the rest of the game.
Ya I think we got into it a bit, just thought it would be more of a staple while we got our young WRs up to speed. But that's what I thought in 2019 too.

Ya I think we got into it a bit, just thought it would be more of a staple while we got our young WRs up to speed. But that's what I thought in 2019 too.

Fidone needs to be on the field a lot next year. If his blocking needs work, then split him out and have another TE in to block. But they can't waste his talent because he's a mismatch for almost any team. And Allen is no slouch either.

"Cleaning it all up, there are currently 166 players listed (91 scholarship, 75 walk-ons), a number that is sure to change over the coming months as NU formally adds linebacker commit Wynden Ho'ohuli (and up to two more scholarship players) in recruiting, builds its walk-on class further and, of course, has more attrition.
Of the 166 at this point, a mere 13 predate Frost's arrival."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back