• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CRAZY SCHED. PROBLEM FOR OREG ST.

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
3 confr title games are played on sat dec 1, the pac 10 plays its title game on fri nite nov 30, so to get a natl audience.

HERES the problem for Oregon St. ------ If they are lucky enuf to win out, including a win against Oregon Ducks, that would put them in the Pac 12 title game on Fri nite Nov 30. Would they still have to play the game they rescheduled for the very next day, Sat Dec 1, against Nicolls St, that was postponed from earlier in the year. I cant imagine them playing 2 games in less than 24 hours ? Will the playing or not playing of that game affect their bowl selection, or eligibility for specific bowls. ?

Nope, they won't play that game in that scenario. The re-scheduling for that game was contingent on Nichols St not reaching the FCS playoffs and Oregon St not reaching the Pac-12 CCG

Last edited:
If that's the case...how could they even schedule the title game before Oregon St. plays it's last game. Season record has to be one of the tie breakers somewhere. Interesting find.

Interesting situation. I'm confident the problem will work itself out by OSU not making the title game.

Interesting situation. I'm confident the problem will work itself out by OSU not making the title game.

hehe easy solution, but it'd definitely be interesting to watch what'd transpire if they did make it to the championship game....good find!

But if they did make the CCG, as I mentioned, the game with Nicolls St won't be played. Similarly, if Niccols St makes the FCS playoffs, the game is off.

If that's the case...how could they even schedule the title game before Oregon St. plays it's last game. Season record has to be one of the tie breakers somewhere. Interesting find.

Since it's not a conference game, it doesn't matter

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back