• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Crazy Husker Stat

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I'm not saying good or bad, I'm just saying:

As of right now, before the Michigan Game, Nebraska does not own a winning record against a conference team with either a winning record, or a winning conference record.

Now, what to make of that: If Ohio State or Minnesota steals the automatic bid, and Nebraska loses to Michigan tonight. NU best hope the NCAA takes 5 B1G teams.... Because if the NCAA takes only 4 B1G teams...

As of right now, before the Michigan Game, Nebraska does not own a winning record against a conference team with either a winning record, or a winning conference record.

Now, what to make of that: If Ohio State or Minnesota steals the automatic bid, and Nebraska loses to Michigan tonight. NU best hope the NCAA takes 5 B1G teams.... Because if the NCAA takes only 4 B1G teams...
Thanks for the negative comments! Now we've got a shot. You went ahead and said something nice about Erstad and the Huskers, so of course they lost this morning, but now that you're back on the hatin' Erstad bandwagon, I think we've got a good shot.

Huskers are in the NCAA TOURNAMENT no matter how much you hate it.

Crazy Husker Stat: 3-1 in B1G Trny; On to CCG.

FC: It's OK to admit when you are wrong. DE is a decent HC. You don't like him, I get it. But eat a little crow, give a MEA CULPA.
I have to disagree with you here, Doc. You're right, of course, that Fromunda is wrong, and Erstad is doing a heck of a job, but @Fromunda Cheese whining about him and complaining has become the Huskers' lucky rabbit's foot, so I'm hoping that he keeps whining and complaining all of the way through the CWS.

I kNoW A doZEn oMaHa coACheS tHaT aRe BeTtER tHaN ErStaD.

b8c.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

The crazy stat to me is that NU just won 3 of 4 tournament games (quantitative data) and it appeared the team was fierce and eager to win (qualitative data). That was my statistical takaway, a mixed methods primary analysis ;)

Seriously though, I think the team going on a streak at this point is important, whether they win the B!G tourney or not. Baseball may be the sport where superstition and momentum are most influential. I'm sure there are arguments to the contrary, but I just think that this team could remain on this streak of performance dating back to the ASU series and use those experiences to carry them further than expected. Erstadt told them at the start of the ASU series the tournament began and it was up to them to prove it. So far they have. Crazier things have happened. Here's to whipping OSU/MINNY!

Last edited:

eat your cheese, Formunda!

Freebird , Freebird . every band knows Freebird . Ken

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back