• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Covid not a risk to our student athletes...so what is the Big 10's real reason for...

Burrhall

Recruit
"Vaccination plans: Moos also said the league’s athletic directors have talked about what vaccination plans look like, although college athletes in general are in a very low-risk category and likely are still a long way off from being eligible for vaccines in most places."

Okay, I think we all know that college athletes are at a very low risk of harm from Covid (exceptions are notable; those with compromising health conditions should not be allowed to be exposed). So what is the real reason the Big 10 presidents have curtailed athletic competition? I think it's time to get to the truth.

"Vaccination plans: Moos also said the league’s athletic directors have talked about what vaccination plans look like, although college athletes in general are in a very low-risk category and likely are still a long way off from being eligible for vaccines in most places."

Okay, I think we all know that college athletes are at a very low risk of harm from Covid (exceptions are notable; those with compromising health conditions should not be allowed to be exposed). So what is the real reason the Big 10 presidents have curtailed athletic competition? I think it's time to get to the truth.
It has to be fear of a lawsuit, that is the only thing I can think of that makes any sense. Or possibly they are really worried that someone who appears healthy really may not be and will die, which will lead to a lawsuit.

Being PC is the most important factor IMO. "Science" has shown college athletics are safe from Covid.

Last edited:

Many are following Israel currently,as they are the most vaccinated country on the planet, and their virus problems are down to 4 hospitalized, a handful with bad flu like symptoms, a couple handfuls of normal or less flu like symptoms out of over half a million being followed there.
And zero deaths
If the Big is wise, they will start following such data which is well documented, nd make their assessments.

Lets hope

It has to be fear of a lawsuit, that is the only thing I can think of that makes any sense. Or possibly they are really worried that someone who appears healthy really may not be and will die, which will lead to a lawsuit.
Very likely. Money is the reason behind most decisions in life.

Using the virus to get a Demcom elected was the main purpose. Unlike the politicians, they don't want to expose their true colors by doing an immediate about-face.

Using the virus to get a Demcom elected was the main purpose. Unlike the politicians, they don't want to expose their true colors by doing an immediate about-face.

Oh Lordt! I knew tin foil hats were gonna come out sooner rather than later on this. Geesh!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back