• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Covid-19 Hits Illinois Football

Does this mean Nebraska could play Purdue this Halloween?

Frost and Moos should ask Warren. :Rolf:

If Illinois has to cancel that would be the smart thing for the league to do. Then just swap the game between Purdue and NU on 12/5 so that NU plays WI and Purdue plays Illinois. Of course that December game could be up for cancellation due to Purdue or NU having a high Covid case rate.

C

If Illinois has to cancel that would be the smart thing for the league to do. Then just swap the game between Purdue and NU on 12/5 so that NU plays WI and Purdue plays Illinois. Of course that December game could be up for cancellation due to Purdue or NU having a high Covid case rate
C
This is the flexibility that I wanted built into the schedule (starting Sept 5 with movable 2 week byes). There's no reason UNL couldn't play Purdue this weekend (other than they stole Blackjack Pershing's sword, those bastards).

It’s tough to think Wisconsin didn’t have a clue about any positives when they played Illinois with their “healthy” QB, but mysteriously right after that game tests + along with apparently many others before the Nebraska game.
Hmmmmm... Still seems fishy in some way, but regardless, Wisconsin started the domino effect of exactly why the B1G should’ve been prepared for and planned bye weeks.

i’m not sure if this has been discussed on this board yet or not though.....

Last edited:
Posted in the cancellation thread last night:

"PS: QB Lawerence for Clemson is positive for Covid. Mark my words, more BIG Ten teams are going to go the way of Wisconsin as we go head long into classic flu season and get their games "cancelled"."

And the BIG Leadership let the corn people have a game, it is to laugh. :(

It’s tough to think Wisconsin didn’t have a clue about any positives when they played Illinois with their “healthy” QB, but mysteriously right after that game tests + along with apparently many others before the Nebraska game.
Hmmmmm... Still seems fishy in some way, but regardless, Wisconsin started the domino effect of exactly why the B1G should’ve been prepared for and planned bye weeks.

i’m not sure if this has been discussed on this board yet or not though.....
They are testing everyone every day. Each player, coach & staff member would have had to pass the test to enter the stadium. Anyone who would have failed, would not have been allowed in. I would never believe that they faked or withheld adverse testing results.

Last edited:

They are testing everyone every day. Each player, coach & staff member would have had to pass the test to enter the stadium. Anyone who would have failed, would not have been allowed in. I would never believe that they faked or withheld adverse testing results.
I’m not sure I would never believe it, but I definitely hear what you’re saying. There’s just too much weird stuff going on for me.

Purdue could miss two games in a row... Illinois this week, the Wisky next week (unless Alvarez can change the rules to make Mertz eligible).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back