• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Could there be a worse time to have KW as commish?

Probably not. But, a week ago did you see OU and TX going to the SEC? Be honest :)
actually, yes, last round proved that with teh pac12 deal falling apart and the new SEC tv deal signed in december. If the rumors are to be believed, OU and Tx have been in negotiations for the past 4 months. everything makes sense.

Remember last year when people were talking about going back tot he big12. Why would a schoole jump to b12 when you know those 2 would jump in a heartbeat out of their own interests and leave you high and dry.

All these threads about re-alignment start at the wrong end. Which schools won't have football programs. I think we could see a number of programs go away due to a number of reasons. The Alignment will be more from the elimination of schools from programs or the downshifting possibly of some programs as schools reprioritize.

I can't believe how many kids I have talked to in the past year that say they aren't interested in going back to college, aren't considering college, or are just going the community college route. I've got a number of friend that are devastated their kids are shying away from heading to Big U. The college loan crisis has turned off a good portion of the incoming generation.

IMO this will effect re-alignment and saying that I don't think SEC or B1G are going to see any schools move between them. PAC/Big12/ACC are more likely to see loss of football programs.

All these threads about re-alignment start at the wrong end. Which schools won't have football programs. I think we could see a number of programs go away due to a number of reasons. The Alignment will be more from the elimination of schools from programs or the downshifting possibly of some programs as schools reprioritize.

I can't believe how many kids I have talked to in the past year that say they aren't interested in going back to college, aren't considering college, or are just going the community college route. I've got a number of friend that are devastated their kids are shying away from heading to Big U. The college loan crisis has turned off a good portion of the incoming generation.

IMO this will effect re-alignment and saying that I don't think SEC or B1G are going to see any schools move between them. PAC/Big12/ACC are more likely to see loss of football programs.

I think that this is exactly right. It's musical chairs, and the SEC and the B1G have already got the chairs, and everybody else is looking to see the best one that they can find. Nobody knows how many chairs there are, but there will be folks on the outside looking in when the music stops.

This guy is an unmitigated disaster. I would hope that the presidents might be more reliable, but they are the ones who put him into office. I wouldn't count on the BIG being a bastion of stability.

Quick…hire Jim Delaney as a consultant!!

18172471_G.jpg
Talk about a good idea.
Alright we agree on this. This would be excellent and make me feel better.

I thought I read some suggesting he screwed up bringing Maryland and Rutgers in to the Big Ten?

Can't believe I just saw this thread.....Here is MY opinion: The Big Ten will be the conference left holding the bag due to Kevin Warren's lack of vision, lack of working outside the box, and sheer incompetence. And he is a dummy.

Zero interest in any of the leftover Texas schools being added. The theory of them helping open up markets in Texas is just that, a theory. TCU, TT, & Baylor all average around 1M viewers per game and are among the lowest in the P5 in that regard. They're fine regionally but make no movements nationally. A&M is not going to give up their recent pay days to come to the big ten either. They'd rather receive stepchild treatment in the SEC than come up to the dreaded north for games. Unless we form a super conference with the only elites left out of the Pac 12 (Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA), then I think we're better served reaffirming the commitments of the current members. My initial thought was that we could chase someone like Kansas for their bball reputation but the sad truth is, the only real sport that matters for viewers and revenue is football and they're a total ZERO in that regard.

Last edited:

Can't believe I just saw this thread.....Here is MY opinion: The Big Ten will be the conference left holding the bag due to Kevin Warren's lack of vision, lack of working outside the box, and sheer incompetence. And he is a dummy.

He's merely a figurehead now. Screwing things up won't be within his power. FWIW, he did the bidding of the presidents last year, also, regarding Covid. I absolutely agree that he's an empty suit, but everybody around him knows that, and so they've taken all of dangerous toys away from him so nobody gets hurt.

At some point in the not-so-distant future, Kevin will "feel called" to go back to the NFL.

With all that’s suddenly going on with realignment, could there be a worse time to have KW as commissioner? There are reports out there that the SEC has reached out to tOSU and maybe MI. Hopefully OSU is loyal to the BIG. I do think the BIG is more than sports, with huge grant money. These ARE academic institutions first and foremost. But unless the BIG moves fast and decisively, we could end up being a permanent #2 or #3 conference.

One thing that gives me some hope is Alvarez. As much as I think he screwed us by saddling us with Eichorst when we were already saddled with Pearlman I do hope he can get Warren to move decisively.
The problem with Barry is he’s not a guy who likes the direction of the sport, so it could pass him by.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back