• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Could NU have a top 10 offense in 2019?

Toss out the Michigan game (132 total yds) and we'd be in 12th place not 25th at the end of 2018. We're not going to see anyone in 2019 hold Nebraska to 132 total yds assuming AM stays healthy imo.

So I can see Nebraska jumping into the top 10 offenses for sure...........

Last edited:

I think people are underestimating the loss of these two, especially Devine.

I actually think the opposite - We have 3-4 guys that can come in and be the next great RB. Devine was a beast but easier to replace.

Not sold on replacing Morgan's clutch catching with our WR group yet. In this offense we need a guy that can get us some tough yards but most of the plays are to get a fast guy open in space. W. Robinson and M. Washington will do that very well I think. How our OL develops will be the key to how consistent our attack will be.

I actually think the opposite - We have 3-4 guys that can come in and be the next great RB. Devine was a beast but easier to replace.

Not sold on replacing Morgan's clutch catching with our WR group yet. In this offense we need a guy that can get us some tough yards but most of the plays are to get a fast guy open in space. W. Robinson and M. Washington will do that very well I think. How our OL develops will be the key to how consistent our attack will be.
We'll see on RB. I loved watching M Washington run and I think Robinson could be a stud. Devine was seriously amazing at times. You could count on him getting you the needed yards and blocking well enough in the passing game.

I think people are underestimating the loss of these two, especially Devine.
Need to factor in Mills assuming he's ready to go? He could greatly help make up for the loss of Ziggy imo...

mills.jpg

Need to factor in Mills assuming he's ready to go? He could greatly help make up for the loss of Ziggy imo...

View attachment 20622
I really hope it is plug and play, but I'm always cautious about juco kids coming in and making an instant impact. I don't think the fans gave Ozigbo enough credit for how good he really was prior to this past season.

I really hope it is plug and play, but I'm always cautious about juco kids coming in and making an instant impact. I don't think the fans gave Ozigbo enough credit for how good he really was prior to this past season.
Not saying it's plug and play as almost any player is going to have to work into the system. What I'm suggesting IF he's as advertised he looks to be a heck of a RB. Before getting hurt he was good enough to gain almost 800 yds as a TRUE freshman at GaTech. That suggests to me he's probably the real deal. That was in an offense that was run, run and more run. Put him in SF's multi pronged offense and who knows? He also has a HUGE advantage of having 2 years college ball at 2 levels.......

I'm just hoping that everything is squared away with his personal problems. If so I believe he could be a big shot in the arm for our 2019 offense.

Last edited:

I don't see why not.

Losing Morgan and Ziggy hurts and will impact production, but this team has talent. Having said that, a top 10 offense may not lead to more than 7 or 8 wins without improvement elsewhere.

LOL Check out number 7. When did Mizzou change their colors and move to the ACC? :Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:
#4 as well. Georgia (or UMass) as Ohio State. Kind of hard to take this article (and to a certain extent, this website) seriously when they make TWO blatant errors like this.

I don't see why not.

Losing Morgan and Ziggy hurts and will impact production, but this team has talent. Having said that, a top 10 offense may not lead to more than 7 or 8 wins without improvement elsewhere.
Here's what you need to consider when it comes to the BIG. The conference had eactly 1 offense (OSU) ranked in the Top 10 and 1 in the Top 25 (Nebraska). Suggests to me the conference isn't exactly loaded with dynamic offenses which probably means our D just needs to be serviceable. Sort of middle of the pack and we can win 9 or 10 games. Perhaps even more with our really tough games at home.

I agree that our D needs improvement but I firmly believe that's going to happen for 2019....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back