• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cost and opportunity cost

Posted by me in another thread:
Frost's buyout will look inexpensive compared to:
-loss of season ticket renewals
-25% decrease in stadium game revenue
-decrease in media revenue
-marked decrease in Husker Brand related revenue (Jackets, blankets, wall hangings, etc)
-Closed donor wallets, both small and large

Then there is the small but very real threat that with conference realignment, DONU gets grouped, not with Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson, in the BIG 50 conference but with Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Duke, Maryland, and Syracuse on the outside.

Schools with tradition but no recent success and weak financial base to compete for NIL that would let them be successful against the Top 50 teams.

DONU has to get "back in the game" i.e. WIN and soon or we maybe left at the little kids table at Thanksgiving! And you better believe that Trev is worried about that!

GBR

Not sure I follow HIO, historically he hasn't done bad, but this current class is horrible
How can you recruit, when you are on the hottest of seats? Kids won’t come here, other schools will tell them the coach is about to be fired. That’s hard to overcome. If he comes back, how will he recruit for the 2023 class?

How can you recruit, when you are on the hottest of seats? Kids won’t come here, other schools will tell them the coach is about to be fired. That’s hard to overcome. If he comes back, how will he recruit for the 2023 class?

If I was Trev, I would not set a recruiting expectation, Coach Frost has done well in that area.

But to continue to accept failure at even the most basic of principles cannot continue to be acceptable. If he fixes the things we have all mentioned, the kids will come, because we'll win; if he doesn't we have no idea who we'd bring in, but I would expect a dip in recruiting...but that depends on who came in and when

I am not trying to be argumentative, aren’t we pretty young actually? I know the three defensive secondary guys and two d tackles are seniors but beyond that we are pretty young right? This is in reference to being a much less talented team.
Let's say the entire team were all Sophomores. How much better would that exact same 3 win team be as Juniors or Seniors? A coaching change may help, but the reality of it is, they are a 3 win team.

Let's say the entire team were all Sophomores. How much better would that exact same 3 win team be as Juniors or Seniors? A coaching change may help, but the reality of it is, they are a 3 win team.
That would depend if you thought the reason for their performance is due to their talent level or coaching. I am leaning more towards coaching and attitude. They also won’t be less talented the next year as juniors or seniors they would be the same talent level just undeveloped.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back