• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

New hope adding inhaled interferon to the arsenal

The trial examined 101 patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Those who inhaled an experimental type one interferon made by Synairgen were 79% less likely to develop severe disease and more than twice as likely to reach full recovery after 28 days than the placebo patients. Both findings reached statistical significance. The company’sstock soared more than 500% on the news.

It's real simple for me regarding the use of Hydroxychloroquine. It's been used for over 50 years and has been clinically proven to be extremely safe. I want the option to have my doctor prescribe it if he deems it's worth taking. I do not want pharmacists and politicans deciding what's a matter between me and my doctor. It's sold OTC in dozens of countries and haven't read where thousands are dropping over from Hydroxychloroquine in places like India? This drug has clearly been politicized for whatever reasons! That's not how I want potential life saving medicine regulated. Let me and my doctor decide what MIGHT WORK for me, period!

Last edited:
Interesting scenario, 2 months ago the 90yr old father of a good friend of mine had a heart attack, was taken to the hospital then tested pos for covid. Had another heart attack that did him in. They called it a covid death. His 91yr old wife tested pos for covid and they gave her hydrochloroquine. She was out of the hospital in 3 days and is still doing great.

Last edited:

It's real simple for me regarding the use of Hydroxychloroquine. It's been used for over 50 years and has been clinically proven to be extremely safe. I want the option to have my doctor prescribe it if he deems it's worth taking. I do not want pharmacists and politicans deciding what's a matter between me and my doctor. It's sold OTC in dozens of countries and haven't read where thousands are dropping over from Hydroxychloroquine in places like India? This drug has clearly been politicized for whatever reasons! That's not how I want potential life saving medicine regulated. Let me and my doctor decide what MIGHT WORK for me, period!

I took a daily dose last year for 2 months (400mg and started with 1 seek at 600mg) with no health issues for me or the dozen other people on my team. I am in touch with people that take 400mg weekly with no issues.

The issue with HCQ is that it is cheap so there is no real money to be made off it (that is me being conspiratorial like those that say it is a danger and should be banned so we have to rely on new very expensive drugs).

I still see stories about Doctors prescribing the Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc and something else and the patients recovering well within days, yet it gets scant or scoffing media coverage. I don't know why that it since it has been effective. Is it because it is so inexpensive so pharmaceutical companies do not want it touted as a good treatment? Is it just because Trump touted at so much during his press conferences and they don't want him to have any successes regarding Covid treatments? It boggles my mind that a treatment has proved quite successful is being ignored. Sure, it's not a vaccine, but it has been an effective treatment for those who have gotten it.

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I have an idea that may show the success rate of this miracle drug. Anyone who thinks it may work for covid (and it may, who knows?) should go get covid and try it. I know it sounds crazy to purposely get a virus, but this would be the PERFECT clinical trial for those who really believe in it (I'm still on the fence). If people are so willing to engage in major arguments over this and all it politicized, etc,. then why not go prove its effectiveness by using it when you get the virus? And I don't mean wait around, go out and actually get it now, so the trial can begin right away.

I would eagerly await the results of this trial, if anyone is interested. There may be actual trials and data available for this drug, who knows, but the proof is in the pudding. The only real way to find out is to try it out, and report the findings.

Last edited:
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I have an idea that may show the success rate of this miracle drug. Anyone who thinks it may work for covid (and it may, who knows?) should go get covid and try it. I know it sounds crazy to purposely get a virus, but this would be the PERFECT clinical trial for those who really believe in it (I'm still on the fence). If people are so willing to engage in major arguments over this and all it politicized, etc,. then why not go prove its effectiveness by using it when you get the virus? And I don't mean wait around, go out and actually get it now, so the trial can begin right away.

I would eagerly await the results of this trial, if anyone is interested. There may be actual trials and data available for this drug, who knows, but the proof is in the pudding. The only real way to find out is to try it out, and report the findings.

All of the doctor's at my mom's hospital are prescribing this as a treatment and they haven't had one death so far in about 100 cases that have come in. Most of the the patients are showing very good improvement. Clinical trials should happen, but we also can't discount places that are having actual results. Both of my parents have had it and were asymptomatic. My grandfather also had it, and he is 87 and has beat lung cancer twice. He had some pretty gnarly pneumonia with his Covid and was treated with the Zinc, Z-Pack, and HydroChloroquine cocktail and beat it. There are proven results. Will it work for everyone? No, but you can't also discount that it is helping some folks.

for those who are actually interested in the information and results. As opposed to ridiculous accusations.

Frankly I don't understand the problem! Let doctors and patients decide if they want to prescribe and take it? WTH is so difficult to understand about that option? If someone doesn't want to use it then by all means don't! I'm not telling anyone to take or not take just that I want the damn option should I become ill with covid. I'm so damn tired of people trying to tell me WTH to do about everything including my own freaken health. There are as many experts lined up on the side that it helps as those claiming it doesn't. Therefore the jury is out so let ME decide if I want to take the drug. I've taken it while in the military and traveling to places where malaria is present. Didn't negatively effect me in anyway I'm aware of to this day. If I have nothing to lose like my life I'll try any damn thing available that shows potential promise. I simply don't want the damn media and politicans making that decision for me.

Bottom line if someone is ill and doesn't want it then don't take it!! Good grief don't see where that should be an issue for anyone.

All of the doctor's at my mom's hospital are prescribing this as a treatment and they haven't had one death so far in about 100 cases that have come in. Most of the the patients are showing very good improvement. Clinical trials should happen, but we also can't discount places that are having actual results. Both of my parents have had it and were asymptomatic. My grandfather also had it, and he is 87 and has beat lung cancer twice. He had some pretty gnarly pneumonia with his Covid and was treated with the Zinc, Z-Pack, and HydroChloroquine cocktail and beat it. There are proven results. Will it work for everyone? No, but you can't also discount that it is helping some folks.

Understood- I was being serious when I wrote the post.

1596155644677.jpeg

I still see stories about Doctors prescribing the Hydroxychloroquine with Zinc and something else and the patients recovering well within days, yet it gets scant or scoffing media coverage. I don't know why that it since it has been effective. Is it because it is so inexpensive so pharmaceutical companies do not want it touted as a good treatment? Is it just because Trump touted at so much during his press conferences and they don't want him to have any successes regarding Covid treatments? It boggles my mind that a treatment has proved quite successful is being ignored. Sure, it's not a vaccine, but it has been an effective treatment for those who have gotten it.

I’ve shared this previously on this board but will share again. I was tangentially involved with a multi-site Hydroxochloroquine clinical trial. Based on the compiled evidence from all sites, the study was discontinued due to lack of evidence of any benefit. Less than 1%.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back