• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cornjob's College Football Pick-em - 2022 Season

Cornjob

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
Greetings and welcome for the 2nd year of the Pick-em contest. Its mostly going to be the same as last year with a couple minor tweaks. I hadn't realized how much work I'd made for myself last year when we did this. But its was fun, and I'm up for it again.

1) We will pick straight up winner in 10 college match-ups every week (after the abbreviated first weekend of the Ireland game). I do not care about the spread. We will use games that project to be competitive and you just have to choose the winner.

2) Games will come from every FBS league as the season goes along, but I will tend to highlight Big 10 teams and Nebraska opponents. I also tend to try and get games in lots of different time slots, so there is always one on which is relevant, including Thursday/Friday games.

3) We will never be picking a Nebraska game. Just enjoy rooting for your Huskers.

4) I am capping the contest at 50 participants! I checked last year's list and we actually had 69 people that played at least one week. I'm going to cap it at 80. If you want in, you can reserve a spot by replying to this thread. Last year, we had a lot of people join as we went a long. I welcomed it.

5) I am going to be picky about a couple things this year. First, here is the format:
copy and paste the part of my post with the games to pick. Then BOLD the team you are picking. (EDIT - If you can't use the Bold function, use ALL CAPS for your picks.) I don't want to have to translate your favorite abbreviation for a team name. Also, games that have already kicked off when you post are not going to count (obviously). But if you forgot the Thursday game, you can still pick the rest of the week. If you want to change your picks, I get to call you a jack-ass for being indecisive. If it comes to that, leave the original post, and post a new one with your changes. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE.

It should end up looking like this:

School for the Death vs North High
Ugly Ducklings
vs Old Guys Wearing Girdles
Skins vs Long Sleeve Shirts

6) I posted a spreadsheet with the weekly results and cumulative rankings. You can still participate if you miss a week here and there, just have a hill to climb to compete. If you miss 3 weeks in a row, I'm going to remove you from the list.

I will post the Week 1 games to this thread soon. If you want to reserve a spot in the contest, post in this thread saying so. You can post your picks later, any time prior to kick-off. (A post picking winners for Week One will also suffice as saying you want in.)

EDIT - It just occurred to me, I should pick some kind of prize for the season winner. Let me think about this. I'm considering something like a special t-shirt or something like that.

EDIT - Below is an occasionally-updated list of the folks who have reserved a spot. As you can see, I increased it to 80 players. If there is greater demand prior to Week 1 of picks, I could be convinced to loosen that up.

1​
Cornjob
2​
WeNeedMorePower
3​
CO4NU
4​
Ackos
5​
Redleg
6​
Red Reign