• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cook pay raise

The evidence is pretty clear. :thumbsup:

Yes it is!! :thumbsup:

5a360cf7bc2a2.image.jpg

That's all? If any coach deserves a substantial raise, it is him.

Tim Miles is going to earn $2.375 million this year and can’t win a game in the NIT in 17/18 and John Cook gets a $75,000 raise for winning his 2nd National Championship in 3 years. Makes perfect sense. I know that the sports are different but Nebraska Volleyball is an elite program and Men’s Basketball is something that takes up several nights at Pinnacle Bank Arena to help pay off the arena.

I understand that Coach Cook wouldn’t have agreed to the raise and extension if he wasn’t comfortable with it.

I guess Coach Cook will have to bring another trophy back to Lincoln in 2018!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

You can complain about TM's salary, but JC's and TM's salries are based on two different pay scales.

TM's is based on P5 Head BB coaches, and is relative to all those.

JC's is based on P5 Head VB coaches, and is relative to all those.

Coach Cook makes $600,000 a year, now. Considering all things, he should be making $1,000,000; just transfer the money from basketball and football revenue, o.k? Heck, Erstad plays for a buck a year, if that!! Coach Cook, you are the best!! :Rockon:

You can complain about TM's salary, but JC's and TM's salries are based on two different pay scales.

TM's is based on P5 Head BB coaches, and is relative to all those.

JC's is based on P5 Head VB coaches, and is relative to all those.

Agreed that men's basketball is a revenue generating sport and coaches salaries will be substantially higher, the proverbial apples to oranges comparison. But what about other women's sports, such as, basketball. Dawn Staley is South Carolina's women's basketball coach and she is set to receive a salary of 2 million a year. She has one national title to her name. South Carolina fans do support their women's basketball program well and draw an average of 10,000 fans per game. The revenue they generate is nearly 3 million, which is among the best in the nation for that sport, but they still lose around one million a year due to expenses.

Now take Nebraska volleyball. Revenue is about 3 million a year but they pull a profit of between 400K to 500K (depending if you include beach volleyball expenses). Compare Cook's salary to Amy Williams who makes around 625K. And the last numbers I found for women's basketball, the Nebraska women's basketball program LOST over 2 million dollars.

And Cook doesn't make substantially more than others in women's volleyball. The guy from Texas makes around 550K. The Cult that IS Penn State does not have to report their coaches salaries for some reason, so I don't know what Rose makes.

At 675K, John Cook is a bargain. Hell, at a million a year, he would still be a good value in the realm of NCAA women's sports.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back