• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cook on the spring — and summer, and fall — including Brazil

weaver75

Special Counsel
10 Year Member
That was a great interview. Kudos to Arneal for asking good questions.

Nebraska will take an international trip to Brazil, will play at Stanford and host Kentucky and Creighton. Orr is sitting out the beach season to protect her knee and focus on indoor. And more. . . .

Orr is the real deal. She needs to work through the mental issues of her knee injury and compete at the level Cook knows she can do.

Cook says nice things about Orr, and NIL.

Cook almost never publicly says bad things about his players. Plus, you can't have a setter who occasionally makes great plays and then occasionally makes terrible plays. You need a setter who consistently makes good plays. Orr is inconsistent. I don't know if that is due to her injury or what, but she needs to improve in that area quite a bit if she wants to be the starter, IMO.

Cook almost never publicly says bad things about his players. Plus, you can't have a setter who occasionally makes great plays and then occasionally makes terrible plays. You need a setter who consistently makes good plays. Orr is inconsistent. I don't know if that is due to her injury or what, but she needs to improve in that area quite a bit if she wants to be the starter, IMO.
I think Orr's problem is mainly mental, but last year also some physical. From what I read last year playing beach volleyball she reaggravated her knee injury, which is why she isn't doing beach this time around. I'm sure that reaggravation had something to do with last year. But the mental part came from fear of doing more damage so we saw some tentative play. More time practicing and playing will lead to more confidence the injury won't reoccur.

I think Cooks feels she will be fine when healthy and mentally able to concentrate on play, and not think so much about possible reinjury. I guess time will tell on that one, but clearly Cook must feel she's worth the effort to see if she can come back.

MChristenson is Micah Christenson, the native Hawaii men’s volleyball player who is widely considered to be the best setter and server in America today. I am assuming some sort of a conversation/teaching session was set up with the Nebraska setters.
I am probably older than you, but “got to talk O” could be discussing offense, and “Dishin” is probably its usual slang meaning of talking informally, but here maybe it could be a double entendre reference to setting — as in dishing up food for someone else (or dishin up a volleyball for a teammate).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back