• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Consecutive Bowl Record Challengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wandering Nebraskan

Scout Team
10 Year Member
A story the other day mentioned that VaTech could be ending it's 19 year bowl streak this season. It reminded me how NU had lost that 35-year tradition under the last administration. It was especially galling considering how many bowls are now available. Looking at the numbers, I'm guessing that NU's record will fall to Florida State at the end of the 2017 season unless they run afoul of the NCAA. Here are the current leaders in this category:

Florida State (30)
Florida (21)
Virginia Tech (19) (could end this season)
Georgia, Georgia Tech (15)
Oklahoma (13)
LSU, Ohio State (12)
Boise State, Southern Mississippi, West Virginia, Wisconsin (10)

Nebraska (4)

A story the other day mentioned that VaTech could be ending it's 19 year bowl streak this season. It reminded me how NU had lost that 35-year tradition under the last administration. It was especially galling considering how many bowls are now available. Looking at the numbers, I'm guessing that NU's record will fall to Florida State at the end of the 2017 season unless they run afoul of the NCAA. Here are the current leaders in this category:

Florida State (30)
Florida (21)
Virginia Tech (19) (could end this season)
Georgia, Georgia Tech (15)
Oklahoma (13)
LSU, Ohio State (12)
Boise State, Southern Mississippi, West Virginia, Wisconsin (10)

Nebraska (4)

It was bad I agree that the streak stopped but what really hurt is that it didn't have to especially in his first year. But the team had to be shaped to his design. I'll never forgive him for that. A coach should maximize what he has not remake it into his image.

It was bad I agree that the streak stopped but what really hurt is that it didn't have to especially in his first year. But the team had to be shaped to his design. I'll never forgive him for that. A coach should maximize what he has not remake it into his image.

+infinity

Last edited:
I have to admit I have a 1972 Dolphins moment every time I hear a team with a bowl streak longer than Nebraska's ends up having to spend bowl season at home for whatever reason. This year, Ohio State and Southern Miss will fall off of that list above. Maybe by 2030 we'll see Nebraska start threatening to break its own record.

If the robots haven't enslaved us all by then, that is.

Last edited:

Not to get off topic but I had a discussion about how many records fell under the last Admin. The bowl streak came up. So did consecutive victories over KS... I can't rememeber the how many yrs in a row we beat KS. What other records/streaks fell under the last admin? In talking about it we were proud the Sell out strek still continues.

Yep. The string of records blown up under s.p. (lower case intended) and b.c was just stunning. All that remained (and remains) is the sellout streak. And with seating to hit a new high with the expansion and EVERY game being on TV, I'm not so sure about that.

Yep. The string of records blown up under s.p. (lower case intended) and b.c was just stunning. All that remained (and remains) is the sellout streak. And with seating to hit a new high with the expansion and EVERY game being on TV, I'm not so sure about that.

The athletic department is. They studied extensively whether or not they'd be able to sell the tickets, the streak means as much to them as it does us,

Not to get off topic but I had a discussion about how many records fell under the last Admin. The bowl streak came up. So did consecutive victories over KS... I can't rememeber the how many yrs in a row we beat KS. What other records/streaks fell under the last admin? In talking about it we were proud the Sell out strek still continues.

Yes, it was tough to take losing that 29 year winning streak over KSU in 1998. Then giving up the winning season streak in 2002 was heartbreaking. Then to think we hadn't had a 7 loss season for 51 years...only to have 2002 rear its ugly head. Not to mention the 9 win season streak.

Season opening victory streak also remains.

Yes, it was tough to take losing that 29 year winning streak over KSU in 1998. Then giving up the winning season streak in 2002 was heartbreaking. Then to think we hadn't had a 7 loss season for 51 years...only to have 2002 rear its ugly head. Not to mention the 9 win season streak.

There were a number of records we lost during that Admin period... We just couldn't think of them all.

Yes those records are gone, lets just hope that the Cornhuskers will start a new one when playoffs start, that being the most consecutive years in the playoffs!!!!!

GO BIG RED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back