• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Connor Culp

Flat Water

Recruit
2 Year Member
So Connor Culp is getting several "All Conference" accolades. I agree that he was a huge improvement over what we had last year and that his accuracy on field goals was a real plus (although the miss against Minnesota in the 3rd quarter really hurt). Nevertheless, he doesn't seem to have an especially strong leg, and he wasn't able to kick consistent touchbacks. That coupled with our shoddy kick return coverage really hurt us in a few games (Rutgers being a prime example). I got tired of seeing Nebraska consistently start at the 25 (if we took a touchback) or inside the 25 (if we were dumb enough to try to return a kick) while the opposition routinely started beyond the 30. I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't consider him the best kicker in the B1G considering everything that a kicker is asked to do. Let me know where I'm getting this wrong.

Last edited:

So Connor Culp is getting several "All Conference" accolades. I agree that he was a huge improvement over what we had last year and that his accuracy on field goals was a real plus (although the miss against Minnesota in the 3rd quarter really hurt). Nevertheless, he doesn't seem to have an especially strong leg, and he wasn't able to kick consistent touchbacks. That coupled with our shoddy kick return coverage really hurt us in a few games (Rutgers being a prime example). I got tired of seeing Nebraska consistently start at the 25 (if we took a touchback) or inside the 25 (if we were dumb enough to try to return a kick) while the opposition routinely started beyond the 30. I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't consider him the best kicker in the B1G considering everything that a kicker is asked to do. Let me know where I'm getting this wrong.
Yup, need to find someone that can kick it through the end zone. Have open tryouts, have current team give it a shot. Have to be able to find someone.

They pulled Alex Henery in from the soccer team if memory serves.
I think they convinced him to PWO out of Burke where he was all-state soccer player. I don't think he came to Nebraska without a spot on the team. Soccer players, rugby players, kids who kick rocks because they can, I'm up for anyone who can kick it into the end-zone. And keep Culp, he's a great place-kicker.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back