• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Connie Yori out as Nebraska Women's Basketball Coach

57046adf1fdf8.preview.jpg

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_d1fb16c5-d86c-52e5-b0a6-94e1ae43e82c.html

Connie will receive a severance package worth $1,095,700 in two installments ($527,350 on or before 4/15/16, and $568,350 within 7 days after 1/7/17).

She will also receive $104,298 for her accrued vacation and floating holiday pay.

Connie will receive a severance package worth $1,095,700 in two installments ($527,350 on or before 4/15/16, and $568,350 within 7 days after 1/7/17).

She will also receive $104,298 for her accrued vacation and floating holiday pay.

Almost a full buyout. Obviously the University didn't feel it had much of a for cause termination case, despite the witch hunt.

How many players are on the women's basketball team? I ask because if the majority of the team comes forward, it sounds like more then just a couple entitled players who got their feelings hurt. As I said, I hate to see this because I always felt Yori was a great coach.

when there apparently were serious issues in the program, enough that more than 10 players approached the NU administration in early February with concerns about the head coach's treatment of players?

How many players are on the women's basketball team? I ask because if the majority of the team comes forward, it sounds like more then just a couple entitled players who got their feelings hurt. As I said, I hate to see this because I always felt Yori was a great coach.

15 scholarships in women's basketball. The quoted material turned out to be inaccurate. The Department interviewed that many , but more than 10 players didn't come forward to express concerns. Many of the players were approached by the Department as part of its investigation. Of those, there weren't 10 with "concerns". Not even close.

The LJS ran a story about the former women's bball staffer who filed the complaint.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_256e341c-a9b0-5dcd-9c14-624902862dc7.html

It seems to me this is a one person show and she is suing because she talks about "the case". Then some players complained on how she handled her self so NU felt with the court case coming down and the few complaints they decided to cut and run. They did not have cause so they paid Yori well which means they really had jack on her or the complaints are like you need to grow up type of complaints. For right now what I see is this is a huge over reaction by UNL kind of like the racoon thing. If this staffer goes to court over it like she says it will then the truth will come out and we will know know what went on rather then UNL not talking and only getting tidbits here or their.

Anyone who knows Connie Yori personally knows she doesn't have an illegal, immoral, unethical, or "abusive" bone in her body.

Is she demanding? Yes. Does she preach accountibility? Yes. But to say "abusive" must be coming from some coddled, entitled players who don't want to work on and off the court.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/natalie-...182-fdcf-11e5-8884-bb581687a7f2.html?mode=jqm

Maybe a more accurate account of the wbb situation

I called it within a few posts, just to be clear the two best players on the team love her, and the transfer to Georgia State forced her resignation

Last edited:

It seems to me this is a one person show and she is suing because she talks about "the case". Then some players complained on how she handled her self so NU felt with the court case coming down and the few complaints they decided to cut and run. They did not have cause so they paid Yori well which means they really had jack on her or the complaints are like you need to grow up type of complaints. For right now what I see is this is a huge over reaction by UNL kind of like the racoon thing. If this staffer goes to court over it like she says it will then the truth will come out and we will know know what went on rather then UNL not talking and only getting tidbits here or their.

Yeah, you may be on to something about the over reaction. UNL not talking is the move to make to cover their butt.

What ever the reason, she is gone. Time to pick up the pieces get a coach in here and move on. Feel bad for the players they are the ones that pay the price.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back