• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Congrats to Jacobson.

LarstheRed

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
He did a really nice job for the Big 12 Champs the Iowa State Cyclones. I enjoyed watching him as a Husker, and was disappointed to see him go, but he’s done well, and now has a conference championship!

Kansas definitely came back to the pack instead of somebody rising up to take the throne away from them. They looked very average.

Kansas definitely came back to the pack instead of somebody rising up to take the throne away from them. They looked very average.
I think Tech, KSU and ISU were all capable of winning the championship. Kansas wasn’t their usual self, but I see some of that conference looking stronger.

I am curious what the deal was with Jacobson at NU.

He was a great player for ISU this year. Good post scorer, good hustle guy, good defender. Real “glue” player that made others better.

Why didnt he work out at NU?

I am curious what the deal was with Jacobson at NU.

He was a great player for ISU this year. Good post scorer, good hustle guy, good defender. Real “glue” player that made others better.

Why didnt he work out at NU?

He probably was told two seasons ago he was behind Copeland, Roby, Tshumanga (sp). I don't blame him.

He probably was told two seasons ago he was behind Copeland, Roby, Tshumanga (sp). I don't blame him.
I think he was told he would be a center - and he sees himself as a power forward or swing forward. I agree - he's got the skills to be a stretch 4. At power forward, he would be behind Roby and Copeland. He also needed a redshirt year, which no one gets at Nebraska. Crazy thing is he may have stayed had he known that Morrow was going to leave also. We'll never know - Jacobson seemed like he was the leader-in-waiting when he announced he was going to transfer.

Last edited:

I think he was told he would be a center - and he sees himself as a power forward or swing forward. I agree - he's got the skills to be a stretch 4. At power forward, he would be behind Roby and Copeland. He also needed a redshirt year, which no one gets at Nebraska. Crazy thing is he may have stayed had he known that Morrow was going to leave also. We'll never know - Jacobson seemed like he was the leader-in-waiting when he announced he was going to transfer.

No way that guy is a 5. If that was the plan, it was stupid from day one.

No way that guy is a 5. If that was the plan, it was stupid from day one.
It wasn't the plan, it was the fact. There wasn't anyone better at 5 than Jacobson, except Morrow. Morrow had the skills of a power forward or center, but he saw himself as a small forward in the NBA, which was really not reality. Morrow was really going to be buried by Copeland, Roby and Jacobson at power forward; giving Morrow only time at center, and competing with Jordy who is much bigger.

Again, I don't think that Miles was planning this so much as it was a fact of the roster. Telling guys that had started than it was going to be a year or two before they would start again because you are bringing in transfers who are better than they are is a tough sell. Copeland as a transfer was the most complete player on the team (and the highest rated out of high school). Jacobson and Morrow were tweeners to begin with, and they saw the writing on the wall (or more likely heard it straight up from the coach).

It wasn't the plan, it was the fact. There wasn't anyone better at 5 than Jacobson, except Morrow. Morrow had the skills of a power forward or center, but he saw himself as a small forward in the NBA, which was really not reality. Morrow was really going to be buried by Copeland, Roby and Jacobson at power forward; giving Morrow only time at center, and competing with Jordy who is much bigger.

Again, I don't think that Miles was planning this so much as it was a fact of the roster. Telling guys that had started than it was going to be a year or two before they would start again because you are bringing in transfers who are better than they are is a tough sell. Copeland as a transfer was the most complete player on the team (and the highest rated out of high school). Jacobson and Morrow were tweeners to begin with, and they saw the writing on the wall (or more likely heard it straight up from the coach).

OK, thanks for explanation. No wonder he’s gonna get fired.

OK, thanks for explanation. No wonder he’s gonna get fired.
You know, I'm not sure how one could navigate it much better. It was a good class - Watson, Jacobson, Morrow. And you come back the next year and sign Tshimanga (https://www.omaha.com/huskers/jordy...cle_b8ceca9b-8234-5db9-a13f-bb1de6c40f42.html) which means Jacobson should get to play power forward. Then you get a once-in-a-generation transfer, a 5* guy who will make your team better. And the fallout of that transfer is that three bigs transfer, leaving you with a former walk-on and a small forward playing center next to your 5*. What would you do differently? You went and got good freshmen, and then got good transfers.

If I sound like I'm defending Miles, I'm really not, because this is something that he had years to try to address and was not able to do it. I just don't know what you could do other than making promises to players about playing time that you might not be able to keep.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back