• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Conflicting NIL deals

You are probably right on that one. I'm just wondering if college would have a different argument Since they aren't getting paid and Scotus has already had a ruling not limiting them. With the NFL they can say helping promote the team brand is what pays their contracts. It's arguable that the addidas contract never gets to the players.
That's not what the opinion says. It doesn't say there can be no limits and it allows each state to set its own rules.

Wow.

That's not what the opinion says. It doesn't say there can be no limits and it allows each state to set its own rules.

Wow.
Yea that’s why I stated right in the post you quoted that SCOTUS already ruled you couldn’t limit them.

Yea that’s why I stated right in the post you quoted that SCOTUS already ruled you couldn’t limit them.
SCOTUS doesn't say there are no limits. Stop being argumentative just because you're wrong. States can limit/not allow NIL deals to exist. The NCAA has limits on them, there's no pay for play allowed. You just want to get another thread deleted because you've been proven wrong again. It's getting old.

When it comes to commerce the Feds stay away to allow greater impacts to be enjoyed by states particular best commerce.

There can be very few one size fits all rules or rulings

SCOTUS doesn't say there are no limits. Stop being argumentative just because you're wrong. States can limit/not allow NIL deals to exist. The NCAA has limits on them, there's no pay for play allowed. You just want to get another thread deleted because you've been proven wrong again. It's getting old.
Ok. I’m assuming that when SCOTUS says you can’t prevent them from making money off their name, image and likeness that includes not limiting how much they can make on it.

And for the record…..you responded to my posts in my thread. Hardly me initiating an argument when you regurgitate a week old thread to stalk my posts.

Ok. I’m assuming that when SCOTUS says you can’t prevent them from making money off their name, image and likeness that includes not limiting how much they can make on it.

And for the record…..you responded to my posts in my thread. Hardly me initiating an argument when you regurgitate a week old thread to stalk my posts.
You always assume, that's the issue.

There are limits. You also said every state has to allow it, they don't. The nil funds can be restricted to education tied.

You always assume, that's the issue.

There are limits. You also said every state has to allow it, they don't. The nil funds can be restricted to education tied.
I did not say every state has to allow it.
I found that interesting that some states don’t even allow nil deals. Assuming that has changed.
I specifically said I found it interesting that some states don’t. Prefer you stayed away from making up lies about what I said.

I did not say every state has to allow it.

I specifically said I found it interesting that some states don’t. Prefer you stayed away from making up lies about what I said.
You then said "I presume that's changed". You presumed because you assumed nil was couldn't be limited by anyone.

You then said "I presume that's changed". You presumed because you assumed nil was couldn't be limited by anyone.
I presumed it has changed that some states dont allow it. Mainly because I haven’t checked it factually to find out if it has. Presuming best defines my thoughts. Feel free to present facts to the contrary if you like.

Last edited:

iu

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back